Beware: Plum Floored Creations....

-

redfastback

Don't ask me... my garage is empty
Reaction score
I won't get to far into it, but do not place any orders with Plum Floored Creations. I made the mistake in Nov. 2010 and had to have my attorney get involved to finally get the most of the remaining 13k worth of stuff out of the 28k I paid up front.

Find other vendors for new hemi swaps. There are much more legitimate ones.

PM me if you have any questions.

Plum floored is a joke. Sucks that they soaked you that bad. I have dealt with that douch bag ben. They wont be around much longer, guaranteed.

Spill the beans....

He tried to get me to work on one of his cars and the factory charger fuse box was mounted behind the glove box that was then welded shut. The bolts were only accessible by openingthe glove box, so now a simple fuse replacement requires a dash removal. A battery located in the trunk had cables that passed though about 3 panels without grommets and was about worn through. The Coil over front shocks had no springs and the nyloc nuts were finger tight, and best of all the fuel line was zip tied to the headers. I took one look at the car and ran far far away. I do not trust anything from his shop. He could not give me anything hell he could not pay me to take something from him. They guy is a number one hack and a crook. I normally won't badmouth someone but that guy is a joke.

Plum floored is a joke. Sucks that they soaked you that bad. I have dealt with that douch bag ben. They wont be around much longer, guaranteed.

Hey did that cuda ever end up making anymore power than low 500's? I think that perry might have been a victim of Ben as well.

Wow....sounds like a CA or AZ shop.....Sorry to hear this disgust

I won't get to far into it, but do not place any orders with Plum Floored Creations. I made the mistake in Nov. 2010 and had to have my attorney get involved to finally get the most of the remaining 13k worth of stuff out of the 28k I paid up front.

Find other vendors for new hemi swaps. There are much more legitimate ones.

PM me if you have any questions.
hey man if you need an honest guy let me know. I can helpyou out. I work cheap and have too much of a reputation to uphold to do garbage work. I only request parts be paid upfront. I usually have my guys buy Thier own that way they know what they are getting.

Wow....sounds like a CA or AZ shop.....Sorry to hear this disgust

He is in the valley someplace last I knew he was on Mesa but I herd he was out in Avondale someplace not sure though. If you run into him on craigslist be warned and stay far far away

Hey did that cuda ever end up making anymore power than low 500's? I think that perry might have been a victim of Ben as well.
It put down 580 at the wheels. I think I told you what happened with the no start-no compression problem but here it goes anyway. We had zero compression accross the board. Pulled the valve covers and watched the valve timing. WAY OFF. I pulled the timing cover to verify the timing marks and the cam was 90 degrees out of phase. Plum Floored built that engine and what a great job they did, NOT!!!! Ben wouldn't help one bit whatsoever. Now the car is back with a blown headgasket after 2000 miles. Haven't pulled it apart yet but I have a strong feeling that the heads lifted because its leaking externally. It will be put back together using high quality cometic gaskets and arp head studs. Those guys dont have a clue.

Wow this sounds horrible. Sounds like a couple of you guys have had issuses with this guy. Redfastback sorry to hear that. Karma is a ... it will come back to him. Thanks for the heads up.

hey man if you need an honest guy let me know. I can helpyou out. I work cheap and have too much of a reputation to uphold to do garbage work. I only request parts be paid upfront. I usually have my guys buy Thier own that way they know what they are getting.

I can confirm that, you helped me out with my engine computer for my hemi conversion, great bloke! Pity there isn't more blokes like you in the automotive game

I can also speak for 03ramit1. Helped me out and his price was lower than anyone or any place. Straight up guy.

I run an auto restoration shop, but I do thank all for your input to help. This is all for a customer's car. Supposedly Inertia Motorsports built the engine(6.1) but not sure about anything now....

I will unfortunately have to soak up whatever loss there is on it. The customer has trusted me, and I will deliver, even if I eat a bit. I am going to probably end up taking legal action.

I just hope that no one else becomes a victim.

BTW, his shop is in Avondale AZ. I even have his home address....

See and that's the worst. Because it's not just your hobby it's your livelihood for me if j got screwed I'm only loosing play money. Your loosing the roof over your head so to speak

We have helped many customers around the World since 2005 successfully complete their HEMI conversions, that being said, we are not without fault, and Redfast back, did encounter issues that are not typical and are being resolved as to never have a repeat of them. We are a Christian company, and never have had any intent to harm, or swindle the customer. We provide FREE technical assistance to individuals daily that are looking to do these swaps, we are always eager to help even if they are using parts from other suppliers.
I would like to address Redfast Back. We have had many issues both with receiving parts from suppliers, and also dropping the ball on getting parts to you. This order got completely out of hand and you should have never of encountered the issues that you did. We failed you completely as a company. I have been separated from the day to day operations for about three weeks, (back full time now) and thought this was a closed issue. I have since identified a few items that you are missing and you WILL have this RESOLVED this week. We did not have any missed calls, or phone messages from you, and the last email we received in July, a reply was sent back via Blackberry that same day. That being said, these final parts ordered should have been filled.

@ - 03RAMit1 (Well aware that your work is far from perfect) . The car he is talking about just had to get running for a photo shoot, and was not in final
to be delivered to the customer form. Crock.. hum right

@ - Perry, Last I knew you were happy with the power your 7.0 was putting down. I am sorry to hear about the head gasket. It is not a common failure on these engines running low boost. The factory MLS gaskets are very good on moderate boost levels. I would look at the tune, and also check IAT tempatures. The pump and heat exchanger are critical for the twin screw blower that you have, and if they are undersized, it will result in High IATs. Also, look at the % of duty cyle on the injectors. Cam at Crank this has adapters if you need to run a different injector based on your power level. We are avalable by phone and email to answer your questions, please contact us directly. We have never even seen the completed car.
Steve ,I personally, and on behalf of the Plum Floored Creations apologize for this, and believe that by Friday of this week, you can post that you did receive what you paid for, and were not "screwed". We regret the difficulties that were encountered in filling this order, and should have handled them better with you. We believe the issues that you have encountered have been solved by changing personnel, changing suppliers, and changing policies. Any phone calls will be responded to within 48 hours of during normal business operations. Also Steve, you will receive another email with the RMA number for Wilwood, and you expected ship dates (this week on remaining parts) etc.
Also, we would have responded to this thread sooner, but this was just brought to our attention by a customer. If you need to contact us, please contact using the below information as we do not often check PM.
If someone has a issue please bring it direct to our attention so we can resolve.
Sincerely,
Plum Floored Creations
(623) 986-5000
[email protected]
www.plumfloored.com

Looks like Plum Floored Creations joined FABO just to respond to your thread. Good to hear they're trying to rectify the situation. The internet is a powerful tool :toothy9:

@ - 03RAMit1 (Well aware that your work is far from perfect) . The car he is talking about just had to get running for a photo shoot, and was not in final
to be delivered to the customer form. Crock.. hum right
So Ben please explain go into detail about my work. Tell me what "far from perfect" is. Please do. I want to hear how many cars I have worked on are having issues. Because everyone that I know of runs and works just fine. And every car I have touched has had a customer leave happy. I stand behind my work 100% Im still working on cars (for free) that I put cams in long ago, that have since had motors swapped and were not right. Seems to me that this particular car was at your shop and you could not fix the problem. When I looked at it I was able to resolve it with a simple fix. So please help me here Im trying to see what "far from perfect" is. I never said I was perfect, (you chose those words) but I have never had a complaint. and aparently you have had quite a few.

-
Back