Beware: Plum Floored Creations....

-
FYI, I sent Plum floored creations ben grasso my front grilles for restoration and since he received them, has refused to return my calls or emails for the last several months...

i am getting ready to take legal action...

if anyone has a lawyer that has been effective with this company, please let me know the name of the firm

thank you

Sorry to hear that man. I wish I could help you. As he is fairly close to me. But I refuse to go anywhere near him. I just wish he would disappear. And stop ripping people off. I have yet to hear one good thing come from his shop from anyone that cannot walk in and pressure him face to face. He is fairly popular on lxfourms might try reaching him there

To the OP, or anyone else that was addressed by Ben, did your issues get resolved? A follow up would be great. I would be intrested to hear the results.

Sorry to hear that man. I wish I could help you. As he is fairly close to me. But I refuse to go anywhere near him. I just wish he would disappear. And stop ripping people off. I have yet to hear one good thing come from his shop from anyone that cannot walk in and pressure him face to face. He is fairly popular on lxfourms might try reaching him there

i'll give you $10 to go see him on my behalf! lol! i live in florida....i contacted him on lxforums... we shall see if he returns my pm

Good luck!! $10 would almost get me halfway to his shop. And it's not worth the jail time. Because I know it would become a fist fight.

lol...how about $30.... keep the change...lol ....just kidding...if anyone is ever going over there or lives near there, i sure could use your help....

I don't post in these forums but I decided to add my unpleasant experience to your post regarding Plum Floored Creations. About a year ago I bought a 6.1 engine from them which was supposedly low mileage with no damage. Right after payment douche bag Ben went MIA. He would not reply to emails or return phone calls. I called one time and the lowlife answered the call without saying anything but didn’t realize he didn’t hang up. I could hear his monkey *** eating Cheetos and clicking away on his computer. I finally sent an email saying I was going to cancel the credit card payment for the engine due to lack of response and communication from them. That sparked a reply from him. He called me back crying about something to the lines of, "man we are building hotrods, bla, bla, bla..." Well Ben I have never heard of you or your shop I just want the merchandise I paid for. To make matters worse I had the freight company show up several times at his shop, at times he previously said the shop was open and that the engine would be ready, to have the engine picked up. Each time there was an excuse as to why the engine wasn’t there to be picked or the shop would be closed during normal business hours. When I finally received the engine it had damaged valve covers, modified parts including a fuel rail that looked like a 5 year old welded an adapter on it, and cracked coil packs. This was supposed to be a low mileage non damaged engine. No proof of mileage was ever given with the motor that I requested confirmation for at the time of purchase.
Stay away from them as their business is horrible from my experience. I would like to see them close down based on what I went through and what I am reading from others experiences. I have not yet swapped the motor into my vehicle or run it yet so I am not sure what or if anything else is wrong with it mechanically.

I agree with 03ramit1- Joker Ben needs to worry less about preaching his religion and making excuses and more about taking care of his customers with honesty and integrity. Anyone who chooses to give Plum money or do business with has been forewarned.

On that motor I would call the cc compay and explain what happened. And the condition of the "low milage undamaged engine" and see if they will return your funds if you ship the motor back. You want nothing to do with it. I'm sure it will not last more than 20 min of run time. If you get that out of it. Btw I can get truck 5.7's all day long if you wanna go that way

I don't post in these forums but I decided to add my unpleasant experience to your post regarding Plum Floored Creations. About a year ago I bought a 6.1 engine from them which was supposedly low mileage with no damage. Right after payment douche bag Ben went MIA. He would not reply to emails or return phone calls. I called one time and the lowlife answered the call without saying anything but didn’t realize he didn’t hang up. I could hear his monkey *** eating Cheetos and clicking away on his computer. I finally sent an email saying I was going to cancel the credit card payment for the engine due to lack of response and communication from them. That sparked a reply from him. He called me back crying about something to the lines of, "man we are building hotrods, bla, bla, bla..." Well Ben I have never heard of you or your shop I just want the merchandise I paid for. To make matters worse I had the freight company show up several times at his shop, at times he previously said the shop was open and that the engine would be ready, to have the engine picked up. Each time there was an excuse as to why the engine wasn’t there to be picked or the shop would be closed during normal business hours. When I finally received the engine it had damaged valve covers, modified parts including a fuel rail that looked like a 5 year old welded an adapter on it, and cracked coil packs. This was supposed to be a low mileage non damaged engine. No proof of mileage was ever given with the motor that I requested confirmation for at the time of purchase.
Stay away from them as their business is horrible from my experience. I would like to see them close down based on what I went through and what I am reading from others experiences. I have not yet swapped the motor into my vehicle or run it yet so I am not sure what or if anything else is wrong with it mechanically.

I agree with 03ramit1- Joker Ben needs to worry less about preaching his religion and making excuses and more about taking care of his customers with honesty and integrity. Anyone who chooses to give Plum money or do business with has been forewarned.

Yourself and others that have had this experience should file complaints with the BBB. I have seen other folks with the same experiences around the net.

Thanks 03ramit1. I have been compiling parts for my swap for the last year around the 6.1. Some of the parts would interchange with the 5.7 but not all. I plan to start the swap in May. If this 6.1 ends up being trash I will pursue legal action against PFC and will contact you regarding your cost on a 5.7 or 6.1 if you have any leads on one at that time.

My experience with Plum was bad immediately after I made payment to them. Depending on how the engine works out in a few months will determine what I file and do against the company if need be. I would like to believe the engine is mechanically sound but it wouldnt surprise me if its garbage. Based on my experience with them I would never even consider doing business with them again. I would also highly advise anyone thinking about doing business with them to take their business elsewhere.

I am sorry to hear that more folks are having trouble with this company. I too am a firm believer in that the religious aspect needs to be left aside. It has nothing to do with how business gets done.

Here is a pic of how my engine arrived the first time...I refused it. 10k engine held onto a pallette with a ratchet strap?

Karma will take care of everything. I don't care what he has built in the past, how can you sleep at night as a Christian knowing you have screwed alot of people out of HONEST money? Are excuses a version of confession? My customers deserve what they paid for and even if I lose a bit, I will have at least been honest...

When I got the engine the second time, I took it apart to verify that what was in there was in there. At least I did get the parts that were stated. How it runs iwill soon be determined.....

dsc04828-jpg.303227

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm working on a 67 Dart GT. Factory power steering, a/c and I am currently adding power disc brakes. So tell me, do you have any experience with fitment of a LMH into an A body? I've always heard that you want to use a pass car LMH for conversions. what are the specific differences between the truck and car versions of the LMH? And how much are they?

Being in Glendale have you ever had any interactions with Imagine Injection. I seem to remember that they are over on the east side. I saw them at the CPW Spring Fling 2 or 3 years ago.

Karl M.

Btw I can get truck 5.7's all day long if you wanna go that way

Karl, the main diffrence between the 2 motors is intake manifold, timing chain cover and the accessories mounting location, and the exhaust manifolds, That's it. Now the trans are completely diffrent as are the factory electronics to control them. The truck electronics are alot easier to adapt to an a body. And I have a Hemi in my duster. It's not running but it is mounted in the car. I sort of put it on hold for a while, as other things have taken priority. (read my disposable income for car stuff) if you wanna chat shoot me a pm. I don't really want to change the topic of this thread.

We are dedicated to making right any mistakes made in the past. Hemipowered, I believe his engine cam from a low mile salvage vehicle at the time of shipping it was noted the engine had a broken valve cover, so an additional one was included, also the fuel rail was damaged so we swapped it for another one at the shop. The engine was never modified or opened up. He will have no issue with it we have sold over 100.
We have contacted him directly via pm on this site, offering to replace any damaged item such as fuel rail or coil pack.
We have contacted Perry about his 426 that made 580 rwhp and never heard back from him as well or seen an update on what cause his engine to lose a head gasket.
We provide lots of free technical assistance, and advice on a daily basis. We try to save our customers money and help them avoid pitfals
We are not perfect but we are trying to resolve any past issues, and have taken action to resolve futures like the one referenced about shipping.
Also to clarify the 7.0 in redfastback was buil by one of the best Hemi performance shops in the nation Inertia Motorsports. We now only carry Inertia, Modern Muscle and Mopar Performance for new built Hemi engines, perry's 426 was built by an excellent AZ shop Baskco racing. (What 03ramit is commenting about is an unrelated engine that he claims was built by Baskco was not a engine we worked with or even know of)
davidl13 we tired to assitance him with utilizing a fab guy we worked with, and unfortunatly he flaked on both us and him, we did however get his parts back and returned them even paying the return shipping (this was a non paying job to start and was just a favor as david is working on a cool project)
We have also contact for a bodies only as we are looking into sponsoring this board as is an excellent source of information at times.

My issue with lack of communication has been resolved, as ben got a hold of me, and all parts have been returned...case closed

perry's 426 was built by an excellent AZ shop Baskco racing.
baskco is a joke. I'm glad to see that this is another junk motor that they touched. I have seen first hand the crap out of that shop. And the crooks that own it. Like the poorly welded crank, that cracked and the same motor had leaks from every gasket they put on, when the motor was installed it had rod knock so loud you could hear it over open headers. (because of said crack) the oil after it was shut down looked like silver paint. They got the motor back, and "rebuilt" it and said everything was trashed except the crank. (go figure the only part they actually (poorly)welded on. Said they would fix it under warranty, and still ended up charging the customer an additional 1200 somehow, they actually paid it. Motor comes back, and the same silver paint looking oil is in the motor, they claim it's "normal to have metal in the motor after a rebuild."

Yeah it's a high quality shop. I'm glad you stand behind them. That's enough of a reason for me to stay far far away.

I havent been ripped off by you, nor do I know about your company other than reading what has been posted here, but it sure dont sound good...then you say you are looking at sponsoring this site?? With the money you have made from dissatisfied members on here?? WOW IS ALL I CAN SAY:wack::banghead:

We are dedicated to making right any mistakes made in the past. Hemipowered, I believe his engine cam from a low mile salvage vehicle at the time of shipping it was noted the engine had a broken valve cover, so an additional one was included, also the fuel rail was damaged so we swapped it for another one at the shop. The engine was never modified or opened up. He will have no issue with it we have sold over 100.
We have contacted him directly via pm on this site, offering to replace any damaged item such as fuel rail or coil pack.
We have contacted Perry about his 426 that made 580 rwhp and never heard back from him as well or seen an update on what cause his engine to lose a head gasket.
We provide lots of free technical assistance, and advice on a daily basis. We try to save our customers money and help them avoid pitfals
We are not perfect but we are trying to resolve any past issues, and have taken action to resolve futures like the one referenced about shipping.
Also to clarify the 7.0 in redfastback was buil by one of the best Hemi performance shops in the nation Inertia Motorsports. We now only carry Inertia, Modern Muscle and Mopar Performance for new built Hemi engines, perry's 426 was built by an excellent AZ shop Baskco racing. (What 03ramit is commenting about is an unrelated engine that he claims was built by Baskco was not a engine we worked with or even know of)
davidl13 we tired to assitance him with utilizing a fab guy we worked with, and unfortunatly he flaked on both us and him, we did however get his parts back and returned them even paying the return shipping (this was a non paying job to start and was just a favor as david is working on a cool project)
We have also contact for a bodies only as we are looking into sponsoring this board as is an excellent source of information at times.
Hey Ben!! This is not Perry, this is Dennis. I am the son of Mark Knox. You know, the guy that you will not return emails, or phone calls???? The same guy that was told when he paid for the harness and ECM in full, up front, that it would all work like it should? Well guess what!! We still haven't received what was promised! The second ECM we received still doesn't work with this harness, and cannot be tuned by a CMR dealer. Why won't you answer the phone when he calls? What's going on? If you want to make things right, I suggest you reply to his emails or return his phone calls. He has worked hard for his money he gave you and doesn't deserve to be treated the way you are treating him. You also told ME, that you would get me the phone number to the guy who built the harness. What happened? I never heard back from you??? If you plan to be a sponsor on this site, you better clear your name, make things right.

If you plan to be a sponsor on this site, you better clear your name, make things right.
hey man you know that won't happen. Shoot me a PM with what you need for a PCM/harness, and I'll see what I can do from an honest source.

On a side not I saw your car at pavilions a while ago. I looked for ya, but could not find you. It was the weekend barter Jackson was in town and you were parked on the sidewalk next to the speed shop (can't remember the name right now)

Talked to a friend this past week that had major issues w/ this shop. It was resolved, but all $$ weren't paid in advance. Job had to be completed at another shop.....long story.

Caveat Emptor

when i lived in mesa in the 80s it seemed every one that had a busniess was a fruad,,,

when i lived in mesa in the 80s it seemed every one that had a busniess was a fruad,,,
More I try and deal with companies for services and products the more I find that most companies will do the bare minimum. Sent my 5.7 heads out to be cleaned and got them back with carbon still in the exhaust runners and dirt on the heads. Guess when your just paying for cleaning and nothing else you don't matter.

-
Back