Beware: Plum Floored Creations....

-
Run forest run.....

When I see that I think crook right away.
Yeah; Its sad to have to say it but I cringe every time I see one of those fish on a check.I guess you have to have that percentage in every bunch.

Keep repeating Ben is a Good guy and click your heels together Three times make a wish and you will be in OZ...You read all these threads AND your Charger job of 1 year is now 3 YEARS down the road and Ben is still a GOOD GUY...What does it take for you to see what is going on..:scratch:
Go take a trip and check out your Chargers progress and post again...Maybe by 2020 you will get your Charger back ..Maybe...After 3 years your still sending him $1500 for paint...Can not get any papaerwork.:evil3:.
W.C. Fields said it best.." :D Sucker Born every Minute"
Why you posted this I do not know but you did..Your from Wall St..We have all learned of late you guys are not the smartest guys on the block..

bartbarton;1969655060 said:
In response to all the above, yes I've visited Phoenix and the car is getting built. I don't agree that Ben should be off the face of the planet or that he's a dishonest guy. And I don't think anyone who doesn't have a dog in this fight needs to comment with hot air. I realize my own mistakes and a local shop here in SoCal could do exactly the same thing.

I'll repeat: Ben is not a bad guy. But he's left me little choice but to take my issue to the court of public opinion by refusing to get straight with me. I want things done by the book and with brutal honesty, not to mention how much less stressful it would be if Ben would just decide one day to honor all commitments and be responsive in his work. I've been straight up with him from day one and I'm like that with everyone I work with. I don't have these issues with people and he does rub a lot of people the wrong way.

From my experience it is lack of integrity and follow through, period.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those interested in the facts: Attached is a recent photo of my 1969 Dodge Charger. It is about 70% complete. I'm not too concerned about the car getting finished and/or delivered by Plum Floored, I'm confident that it will. I have the title as well.

What I'm here to address and the actual concerns are lack of integrity and follow through: Ben needs to treat customers with the same respect he would want from suppliers. Sound record-keeping and solid communication is the key to success here and I've had major problems with both. After 4 years in business, there's no excuse for these patterns to continue. He has as much Mopar knowledge as anyone out there, it's high time for the business side of things to catch up.

Haphazard comments by people with no supporting facts or experience with this vendor should be ignored.

555573_433867323332481_106897772_n-jpg.1714549189

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hope that motor in your charger was assembled better than the one that went into a cuda, that after the cylinders were bored out, bigger rings were installed on stock pistons. And reassembled.

Been hearing some real current horror stories about all this. It is sad to hear what has happened to some folks.

I'm with kb67mopar...just amazed at what I am reading. I am just starting down my path, have only had my Mopar for just over a month, but it was handed down to me and means a lot to me and my family...if this thread has taught me on thing it is to be careful about who I put my trust into, give my money too, and make sure to do my research first!

I just read through this entire thread. The
only words I have are WOW.

Some people want to give the benefit of the doubt and say they are making good. Are you blind? Every post that he made up for his mistake is followed by another guy pleading for resolve on another issue.

If you can't answer the phone, provide customer service, and ship quality products please do us all a favor and fall off the face of the earth. We all work hard so we can afford our parts and projects sometimes for 10-15 years just to be able to afford it. Then to have to fight with you to get their money back or just receive what they ordered is an insult to the very people you intend to serve. You claim to be a christian company..then for god's sake act like one! Be honest.

My advice to all of us here on FABO and FBBO please do not support these guys. And if at all possible lets prevent them from further destruction of our hobby and ban them from becoming a supporter of our site out of sheer principal.

That is my opinion based solely on my reading of the past three pages, I have no direct experience with them but will never.

God bless you guys, you have made my project possible.

Haphazard comments by people with no supporting facts or experience with this vendor should be ignored.

Are you telling me it took 3 years to get your charger to the state in that photo? I replaced a ton of sheet metal, fit up a late model hemi and trans making my own mounts and am only the paint work behind where yours is at and have done that in 2 years in my driveway while working 40 hours and collecting parts 1 at a time off craisglist....whats his excuse?

For those interested in the facts: Attached is a recent photo of my 1969 Dodge Charger. It is about 70% complete. I'm not too concerned about the car getting finished and/or delivered by Plum Floored, I'm confident that it will. I have the title as well.

What I'm here to address and the actual concerns are lack of integrity and follow through: Ben needs to treat customers with the same respect he would want from suppliers. Sound record-keeping and solid communication is the key to success here and I've had major problems with both. After 4 years in business, there's no excuse for these patterns to continue. He has as much Mopar knowledge as anyone out there, it's high time for the business side of things to catch up.

I'm not knocking "Ben" or anyone else here, but unless that interior is ready to drop in, and the whole tail end is completed, and the motor's running and driving and the wiring is full installed, that's about 50% complete, max.

If I saw that car on Craigslist, I'd think to myself, "Ok, where's the other half of the car?" and that's where the 50% value comes from, in my mind.

Not knocking anyone, and no dog in this fight, but I DO think you're a bit of an optimist.

well, that makes up my mind, was going to go with a gen3 m/p 426 hemi in my 66 dart wagon and 65 belveder, ill stay with my first idea, stroker 400s ..512"

well, that makes up my mind, was going to go with a gen3 m/p 426 hemi in my 66 dart wagon and 65 belveder, ill stay with my first idea, stroker 400s ..512"

So you think making a decision on what engine to run is best based on a thread about a vendor with some reputation issues?

That's weird!:wack::cheers::error::smilebox:

to kb67mopar and jos51700: I don't know if what you did is the same as what we've done here and therefore is up for comparison per se. This car is a 69 Charger body mated to an 06 LX chassis for what it's worth. In terms of how Ben has performed for me: I'll say it again - he's got some issues as a vendor definitely. I think he was somewhat overconfident in his abilities based on his resources and past experience. Still, I made the decision knowing these things partly because he gave me a very economical deal. I was gambling in hopes that we would be able to change course and come out ok if there were problems with his subcontractors. There definitely were some problems with subcontractors but they worked out and Ben went into debt to handle some of it. I did business with him because I felt like he was a stand up guy and I still think that.

Ben has never indicated anything other than he's willing to see this through one way or another and he's never been anything but cool about things. I'd like him to be a little more organized as well. Ben has a good friend that builds Mopars and he has helped me negotiate turning the car over to this other guy. He's handed it off (probably reluctantly) and done things well in that sense. I expect the car to be finished this summer.

I also expect to get about what I put into the entire project out of it when I sell the car and I've kept meticulous track of every dollar I've spent + I have a clear picture of what it will take to finish the car to a high standard. The sum total reflects the price being paid for similar cars today. So, I'm in a pretty good mood about the whole project. True, I'm impatient so I've had to actually develop patience for the first time ever and that's not a bad thing. I won't trash Ben because he's been a stand up guy from day one. We all have room for improvement. The idea that he's out to scam anyone has been floating around this thread but it does not reflect my opinion of him after 3+ years in any way. I appreciate your input guys.

Don't let negative feedback about one vendor dissuade you from using a gen 3 (Late Model Hemi). There are a number of other vendors out there that can help you. And as these conversions get more and more popular the forums (like this one) are going to have more people that have done it themselves and can steer you to reliable parts suppliers.

I'm planning one for my 69 Sport Satellite and a conversion from an auto to a Passon 5 speed. I understand that the LMH is a bit of a weight savings compared even to a regular old LA small block. And currently the Sport Satellite has an all iron 440 in it. So that should be a huge improvement. I think at this point that most of the mounting hardware is "bolt in" and readily available from a number of sources. The biggest hurdle that I'm going to have is dealing with the electronics. That's going to be where the vast bulk of the work is involved.

Hopefully I'll get my 67 Dart GT running again in the very near future and get that project out of the way.

Karl M.

if you use the factory injection the electronics is easy,,, get the engine bay wiring harness fro mthe donor vehicle,,and the computer,, sent the computer and wiring to hot wires it wll come back ready to go 4 wire hook up,,, you can get a new drive by wire gas pedal now from lokar,,

guys i am from arizona and was thinking for going to Plum Floored Creations to replace my 5.7 HEMI with 7.0 L 426 Stroker and i don't like what i am reading. Ben seems to be a very nice guy and reasonable on pricing.

Has anybody else gone to him with good stories on HEMI swap ?

Or do you any other great HEMI shops in Arizona ?

If you like pissing away money, go with Plum Floored. If you want a good shop that does good work, do not go with Plum Floored. I'll describe him in one word: incompetent.

guys i am from arizona and was thinking for going to Plum Floored Creations to replace my 5.7 HEMI with 7.0 L 426 Stroker and i don't like what i am reading. Ben seems to be a very nice guy and reasonable on pricing.

Has anybody else gone to him with good stories on HEMI swap ?

Or do you any other great HEMI shops in Arizona ?

JMO, from what i've read on here. I would run from them. Someone is welcome to correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe they use to be a sponsor on this forum. So its fairly telling if their sponsorship was removed from the site.

At least talk to these guys (http://www.imagineinjection.com/). In Glendale. I saw one of their impressive 8 throttle body injection systems on a retrofit in a 1970 or 71 Challenger a few years ago at Spring Fling in Van Nuys. Started right up with just a turn of the key. And they may be of some help with other systems.

Keegan, what part of AZ? I'm in Tucson. We ought to meet up sometime.

I'm getting ready to do the same thing to my 69 Sport Satellite. And after asking around at Spring Fling this last weekend, I've decided on the TTI headers and TTI mounts. Planning on a manual conversion so, I will probably just build the A block 727 that's sitting on the back porch, for now. That way I can move ahead with getting an engine in and running, THEN go after the trans thing.

Karl M.

If you like pissing away money, go with Plum Floored. If you want a good shop that does good work, do not go with Plum Floored. I'll describe him in one word: incompetent.

Seems you have had a change of heart since your last posts. How is the Charger project going ??

First off I was in asset recovery mode, also getting pissed at some idiots on here with there trying to be so cute and funny all the time....so I might have manipulated things till I got what I could out of it with Ben. Ben did a shitty f-bombing job, period. The Charger is going great because its with a real builder which Ben is not, and credit to Ben he found the guy for me. But, he lied about doing Dark Runner and Mutant Bee, called em both his cars at SEMA, and did all these promo videos as if they were his.......so he could reel in suckers like me that should have listened to their gut instinct...The builder of Dark Runner and Mutant Bee is Steve Enochs of Muscle Rod Shop in San Antonio, Tx. Ben put the money together and a couple of stylistic ideas and then proceeded to call himself the master builder or whatever, some stupid ****, basically stole Steve's work and like I said, I was his first victim. He did not know what the f-bomb he was doing at all, it was pathetic, he is pathetic and knows it. I lost like $40k straight to his black hole of a bank account. Thankfully, a wonderful and amazing builder (found thru Ben, give him a tiny bit of credit for that and he did do some decent work in welding the front of the B body to the LX, in addition to all the bondo and **** welds and other crap he passed off as whatever....look he thought he could wing it with his big lie and somehow magic would happen and he would be a real builder like Steve Enochs or a guy named Matt Delaney who is doing an amazing, amazing job now with my build, everyone knows Ben is not a builder now, he's just a salesman and he probably could do a Hemi swap but either way: f-bomb off Ben.

It is great to hear more truth about this guy..... He is a joke and should get out of the automotive business completely.
Its also nice to witness lies and deception from a so called Christian. Yes, he will burn......

Beware of anyone who mentions that they are a religious company.

It's just an excuse to screw you in the name of their god.

Wellll, I bailed out of my 67 Dart project so I can focus time, money and space on the project that I really want. Probably sold it too cheap, and I've been regretting it, but it's out of the way. Just never could get the motivation to finish the engine and put it in. So, yeah, probably need to find another forum the project that I did keep as it is a B body (69 Sport Satellite) but since I've been planning on a SRT8 Gen III hemi swap into it, I'm interested in any info on putting these engines in any Mopar.

Plan on doing it myself so if any of you guys can recommend a forum/list where there are a number of people that have/are doing this.

5.7L hemis are around and you can pick up a nice used one for in the $2000 area so I'll probably start there and get everything set up running and all the mechanicals dialed in. Then do the Passon 5 speed swap and start saving for the 7L MP crate engine.

Anyway, gonna start with the TTI mounts and headers. Pretty much makes setting the engine in the engine bay a bolt in. Radiator hookups are in the right place. So that's a good place to start. Then things will get interesting. Don't know about valve cover/head clearance to the power brake booster but the TTI headers in a B body will accomodate any steering box (factory Mopar power, Mopar manual or Borgson modified Delphi power). In an A body it's either Mopar manual box or the Borgson if you're doing the Gen III swap. At least using the TTI stuff.

So the mechanics of putting the engine in the car and hooking it up to a trans looks pretty basic. I'm sure though, that since it's a car project I will come to rue those words. <rolls eyes and groans> And even if the radiator hookups are in the right place, there is still the size of the inlet/outlet to consider and then fans. Wondering if any of the Gen III engines had engine driven fans. I don't know. I guess the trucks did???

Those guys at Muscle Rod Shop are really good and IMHO, they probably under price their services a little. They aren't like engine mechanical or EFI electronics guys (at least they didn't purport to be at the time I was there), they do body work and assembly. For that I wouldn't hesitate to take them any project of mine. I loved the work they were doing on the Darkrunner when I was there (putting an LX platform IRS under it). If I had enough money, I'd love to have them do that to my 69 Satellite.

I just joined and saw you posts about Plum floored. He is a total ***. I gave him my 70 Superbird to put a new hemi in. I paid 14k up front. He destroyed the car. He has no Idea wht he is doing. If you saw the green SB on his website that was mine. He couldnt figure out the head light doors so he fiber glassed them in and mounted head lights under the nose. He put my alterkation rack and pinion torqe bars in upside down and broke one. I paid for a 6.2 and he gave me a 5.7 bored. But he put the engine out side for a week then bolted on the heads. Well the engine never ran and destroyed the block with all the crap that was in it. He sold my 440 6pak and new trany and powder coated k member and told me his guys did it and then gave me junk. I could never get ahold of him. When I did i told him I was comming to get my ****. But when I drove from Alb tp Phoenix he was a no show. On mon I got ahold of him and he said he lost his phone. Guess my number fell off the contract. I went several time but finaly got him almost 2 years latter. My car was a showcar when i brought it for a simple hemi conversion and he destroyed it. Every panel was scrached and chiped and i think he kick my nose cone around his shop. I talked to several of his venders so I could fix his f@#k up and they all said they will no longer work with him. I wonder < the gut with the orange b-body.... Did you ever get you car back and was it running? If you would like pics of his handy work let me know. BEN GRASSO is the bigest piece of **** I have ever met........

I just joined and saw you posts about Plum floored. He is a total ***. I gave him my 70 Superbird to put a new hemi in. I paid 14k up front. He destroyed the car. He has no Idea wht he is doing. If you saw the green SB on his website that was mine. He couldnt figure out the head light doors so he fiber glassed them in and mounted head lights under the nose. He put my alterkation rack and pinion torqe bars in upside down and broke one. I paid for a 6.2 and he gave me a 5.7 bored. But he put the engine out side for a week then bolted on the heads. Well the engine never ran and destroyed the block with all the crap that was in it. He sold my 440 6pak and new trany and powder coated k member and told me his guys did it and then gave me junk. I could never get ahold of him. When I did i told him I was comming to get my ****. But when I drove from Alb tp Phoenix he was a no show. On mon I got ahold of him and he said he lost his phone. Guess my number fell off the contract. I went several time but finaly got him almost 2 years latter. My car was a showcar when i brought it for a simple hemi conversion and he destroyed it. Every panel was scrached and chiped and i think he kick my nose cone around his shop. I talked to several of his venders so I could fix his f@#k up and they all said they will no longer work with him. I wonder < the gut with the orange b-body.... Did you ever get you car back and was it running? If you would like pics of his handy work let me know. BEN GRASSO is the bigest piece of **** I have ever met........
:wack:
WOW !! THIS IS SOMETHING! Don`t sound like a Christian to me, sounds like an incompetant snowing people that have more money than smarts. but he wo is w/o guilt cast the first stone, no-ones perfect, only one---buildem yourself guys!

-
Back