Bezel restoration...

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Anybody ever use
Home
Need to start "crunching the numbers" on our Dart...once I dig myself out of the hole I got myself into $$ wise planning on getting it done...

0722A461-B011-476D-A362-E4101A56188C.jpeg
I used PG Classic which was more money and the chrome could have been finished little better. It’s Rallye dash bezel and I put gauges in myself

I use Instrument Specialties in Rhode Island
Instrument Specialties, Inc.
65 Foliage Drive
N. Kingstown, RI 02852
p.jpg
Hard to tell detail here but all the items I'venhad done has been awesome.
Call and talk to Thomas.

dash 08072018.jpg

dash 2 08072018.jpg

View attachment 1715207942 I used PG Classic which was more money and the chrome could have been finished little better. It’s Rallye dash bezel and I put gauges in myself

I use Instrument Specialties in Rhode Island
Instrument Specialties, Inc.
65 Foliage Drive
N. Kingstown, RI 02852
View attachment 1715207951 Hard to tell detail here but all the items I'venhad done has been awesome.
Call and talk to Thomas.

View attachment 1715207953

View attachment 1715207954
Thanks, I will call Instrument Specialties. The shop I put the link to is only about 40 minutes from me. Not sure I am going to keep the factory dash. Pad...well...lets just say it is a train wreck. Car has a cage. Only thing left of the pad was the metal. When my friend did the paint and body he had the guy that made my seat covers redo the pad. Looks very....puffy. By the time I get a good pad, cut around the cage, have all the bezels restored along with the gauges in the bezel...and buy the necessary gauges it may be a bit less $$ if I just get a fiberglass dash and use the Holley Dash....if I decide to go with the Holley Dominator EFI...

I used GCAR. Took awhile, but great work. He did the bezels, not the gauge faces. I painted the metal frame.

20150106_231144.jpg

20150103_211546.jpg

I used gCar for my Dart...phenomenal quality, but not cheap nor fast....definitely worth the wait!

View attachment 1715208198

View attachment 1715208199
I saw on his web site that he had a-pillar trim listed. My car has a very snug fitting cage. Snug enough that getting the a-pillar trim in is not going to be easy. I may have to so some twisting and turning of the trim to get it in. Guessing that that if I had to twist and turn the trim to get it in the chrome finish will not hold up? If possible could you post a few more pictures of the a-pillar trim.

Could you kindly define "not fast"? We talking weeks...a month...or many months?

I saw on his web site that he had a-pillar trim listed. My car has a very snug fitting cage. Snug enough that getting the a-pillar trim in is not going to be easy. I may have to so some twisting and turning of the trim to get it in. Guessing that that if I had to twist and turn the trim to get it in the chrome finish will not hold up? If possible could you post a few more pictures of the a-pillar trim.

Could you kindly define "not fast"? We talking weeks...a month...or many months?
Turn around time was about 3 months total; sending to receiving back. I sent all my dash plastic to him. As far as twisting the piller trim, you'd have to talk to GCar to be sure.

Here's a few more pics...let me know if you want more...

67DartDashA-Pillars-GCar2015 (Medium).JPG

Dart-A-PillarTrim2 (Small).JPG

Dart-A-PillerTrim1 (Small).JPG

Just commenting so I can find this later, I need to have my dash bezel restored.

Alan

-
Back