Bf Goodrich brown walls

-
As I said many posts back, it's been BF issue for over 40 years. I remember the first set on my buddies LT1 powered Monty Carlo back in '79. He was constantly using a white letting "stick" on them and he was a clean freak car wise, could never get the letters white. Mean while I ran some **** CTC Tornado tires and never washed my car, letters always White!
Last set I will own. I like the looks of those Mickeys in the post above.

The ozone is what causes the browning. It sounds like SPF 80 would be a better choice
SPF is a measure of UV blocking, Mike your just running backwards today!

Enclose the tires in bare iron. The O3 will attack it before the compound in the rubber.

SPF is a measure of UV blocking, Mike your just running backwards today!

Enclose the tires in bare iron. The O3 will attack it before the compound in the rubber.
:lol: I was out shoveling snow and thinking about my response. WTF direction did I go? :lol:

I called BFG, and the guy said I could use some wet sand paper in water. I tried it with some cleaner and the paper. It worked great, but slowly started browning again

Tires bloom because antiozonant pushes its way to the outer edge of the rubber casing with time. As the element comes into contact with oxygen, it leaves a brown residue on the surface of the tire. Antiozonant is organic and helps tires last longer as it slows deterioration due to oxidation.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...QtwJ6BAgXEAE&usg=AOvVaw3PS78c1rVthX3jc5NMFhfV
That stuff comes off with mild soap and a brush. The brown that discolors the white letters could be the same stuff but it isn't easily removed with dish soap and a brush. Tire and whitewall cleaners don't work. Sandpaper doesn't work that well. I used a Scotchbrite pad on a die grinder but the stuff comes back.

I used those blue soapy steel wool deals, after cleaning the rest of the brown off with super clean or purple degreaser. It works better than buying new tires.
I'm going to be taking that white paint junk off of my Hoosier slicks, God that looks like garbage

-
Back