BF Gooodrich Rugged Terrain T//A's

-

B-onefan

Reaction score
I need new tires for my daily driver bad. I am looking and really like these for a daily driver with some off roading around the place. Mainly dry pavement, maybe 6-10" of snow a year, a few ice storms, and not much mud. Mainly loose dirt, gravel and rocks with flint stone. It is a light truck, reg cab-short bed, 4x4. Anybody have any dealings with these tires?

I have used nothing but all terrain ko's, and I got great mileage from them and they were good off road. I guess these are different, as I haven't heard of the tires you are asking about.

I have used nothing but all terrain ko's, and I got great mileage from them and they were good off road. I guess these are different, as I haven't heard of the tires you are asking about.

I have thought about those and have used them before with good luck. I just can't get past the sticker shock on them now. $1000.00 for a set mounted and out the door is kinda hard right now. These are a little tamer and only about $650, out the door. That leaves some money for Mopar parts!!! And as I have matured????, maybe gotten older is a better description, I don't do near as much off roading as I once did. Too much hassle to straighten out the mud ruts when it's your property!

Seems like every truck around me has BFG All Terrains on them. So they must be doing something right. Our Ram has Goodyear Wrangler All Terrains and they are good for the road as well as in some snow or off road a little. Never really tried them too hard.

saw those when i was helping my son look for his cherokee tires. he ended up going with the all terrain ko's..

not sure what the difference is.. i imagine its more a street tire. tread not near as deep or aggressive looking. i'd look into the differences before spending any money on them.. look up reviews...

bfgoodrich-rugged-terrain-t-a.jpg

$(KGrHqZ,!qIFJcbh9ydnBSbsO!O-EQ~~60_3.JPG

saw those when i was helping my son look for his cherokee tires. he ended up going with the all terrain ko's..

not sure what the difference is.. i imagine its more a street tire. tread not near as deep or aggressive looking. i'd look into the differences before spending any money on them.. look up reviews...

bfgoodrich-rugged-terrain-t-a.jpg

$(KGrHqZ,!qIFJcbh9ydnBSbsO!O-EQ~~60_3.JPG
That is them. They would look great, but I'm not trying to impress anyone. Like you said, not as aggressive of a tread, but I'm not sure I need the extra traction for $400 more. I learned a long time ago, don't go anyplace you can't get yourself out of. Thanks for the replies and advice. The stock tires have 64K on them and are a highway tread. I want something a little more aggressive, without alot of noise and expense. I drive 75 miles a day(at least). Most of the reviews were good, but you never know who wrote them. I take reviews with a grain of salt.

I have thought about those and have used them before with good luck. I just can't get past the sticker shock on them now. $1000.00 for a set mounted and out the door is kinda hard right now. These are a little tamer and only about $650, out the door. That leaves some money for Mopar parts!!! And as I have matured????, maybe gotten older is a better description, I don't do near as much off roading as I once did. Too much hassle to straighten out the mud ruts when it's your property!

What size are you lookin at for 1K? I can get 4 of them from Discount Tire Direct for 524 including free shippin and the online 40 dollar discount. I caint see mounting and balancing costin almost 500 bucks.

What size are you lookin at for 1K? I can get 4 of them from Discount Tire Direct for 524 including free shippin and the online 40 dollar discount. I caint see mounting and balancing costin almost 500 bucks.

LT 245/75r16 in the TKO's. I was quoted 224.99 each plus mounting, balancing, road hazard and tax. That's why I think I am going with the Rugged Terrain T/A's for $662.82, out the door.

I personally would rather use BFGs to any other tire [for my muscle cars] I like the brand and have had very good luck with them. I currently have Kumho all terrains on my ram 1500 4x4 [245/75/16s] and used them on my Ram Cummins dually [235/85/16s] with out issue. I have never liked Firestones, back in the 70s I did not like the lettering and tread design and have never used them.

-
Back