-
Status
Not open for further replies.

joecuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Dose anyone have a big block dipstick or a throttle cable? If you have one but don't want to part with with it. I would appreciate some pictures and/or some measurements, so I could make a dplicate. thx.

You say you can make the correct dipstick?

db_20050819__3_3.jpg

This bothers me.Why would you make one unless you had a custom pan? Thier everywhere!

Who makes a dipstick and tube for a BB A body, like the one in the pic above?

Who makes a dipstick and tube for a BB A body, like the one in the pic above?

It could be made with a tool like the one the plumbers use to bend their pipes.
I know I made such a tool to bend the fuelline from the gastank to the carb.
The only problem would be if the length of the dipstick tube isn´t long enough.

Hey swedefish, is that your car or did you photoshop my pic and paint it red?
Kidding.

What dipstick do you have?

My understanding is the 'correct' BB dipstick is unobtainable?

I don't understand how mine disappeared, I mean what could possible go wrong with a dipstick?

Hey swedefish, is that your car or did you photoshop my pic and paint it red?
Kidding.
QUOTE]

LOL, sure looks as the same pic. Great looking car you have.:thumbup:

Sometime during the life of my car here in Sweden the K-member has been replaced to the DC style K-member with spool mounts, so I´m using a repro oil dipstick from Mancini.

Thanks for the great picture. IF you get a chance could you give the length of the dipstick and the measerments for the tube? Also could you give me the length of the throttle cable housing and total cable length? This will help when searching at swapmeets and if I try to make new ones for my cuda.
Thank you again.

That pic I posted is not of my engine. The dipstick I had didn't appear to be the correct one for the car, so I bought a regular BB dipstick tube and made if fit, (as far as getting around everything and ending up in a place that was reachable). The mounting tab on the tube did not line up with anything. I also bought a BB dipstick, but the handle is not like the one in the pic.

Still looking for the correct dipstick and tube- but I like swedefish's idea to make one.

Can someone out there answer how far the dipstick is supposed to go into the block?

Whether I stick with what I have, or make a dipstick tube, knowing that would help me determine the dipstick length needed.

As far as the throttle cable, I could provide that info but you would have to follow up with me in the spring as the car is in storage.

Whatever you decide, DO NOT buy one of those chrome 'one size fits all' dipsticks and tubes. Even the ones MP makes. :sad3:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back