ABCuda

Reaction score
Rating - 40%
2   3   0
Contact seller
Need set of A Body Big Block Exhaust Manifolds......1969 power steering car

Passenger side casting number 2863900
Driver side casting number 2946729

(hopefully got the casting numbers right)

Hoping some one has the pair taking up space that they would like to part ways with......

AB

I specialize in these conversions, my suggestion to you would be to use SCHUMAKER CREATIVE SERVICES, TRI-Y Underchassis HEADERS.

The factory 383 Exhaust Manifolds are too expensive, and too restrictive ( you will lose 30+ horsepower, and they can't be used with power steering.

The factory manifolds are very prone to crack, very hard to change spark plugs, and almost impossible to change starter motor.

I am just trying to help you out

mopar charlie
727-271-5068

What's the deal with the idea that there is a "power steering" manifold.

My manifold has the right part number, but they came off my manual steering 383-s fastback. They have the identation that another member showed as making it a "power steering" manifold.

My guess is that there is no difference. Anybody out there that knows for sure?

Rod

PS - manifolds are not for sale.

I just put in Schumachers into my four speed 383-s fastback, now sporting a 440+6. They went in easy just as advertized. I modified the driver side header to fit a four speed, and it was pretty easy. I have pics if you need them. I am very happy with them.
Rod

I specialize in these conversions, my suggestion to you would be to use SCHUMAKER CREATIVE SERVICES, TRI-Y Underchassis HEADERS.

The factory 383 Exhaust Manifolds are too expensive, and too restrictive ( you will lose 30+ horsepower, and they can't be used with power steering.

The factory manifolds are very prone to crack, very hard to change spark plugs, and almost impossible to change starter motor.

mopar charlie
727-271-5068

I have a pair that i guess i could let go of.
$775.00
Can send pictures to your e mail address tonight, if you really are a serious buyer, and not just shopping.
Jim V.

Another person that's mis-informed about big block A body exhaust manifolds.
Why do you think they can't be used with power steering?
Here's a picture (not mine) that i saved off the internet, of a power steering set up.

Attachments

• 440 A Body #1.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 452
All, this is such a great place to find tips, good people, etc etc.....Serious buyer looking for the right parts....I have PM'd a few of you with interest and thanking you for your wisdom.

This is a reasonably significant project so I am going all original.....numbers matching big block 69 A BODY project.......once I have the plan in motion I am hoping to make a big splash with this car......

Thanks to everyone.

Please call/contact me with the parts info, availability and shipping cost to San Diego

AB

Need those manifolds.....

mopar charlie

Another person that's mis-informed about big block A body exhaust manifolds.
Why do you think they can't be used with power steering?
Here's a picture (not mine) that i saved off the internet, of a power steering set up.

Ya think ? I didn't find it particularly harder to change the starter in my 69 GTS with 383 4 speed than any other mopar I've owned , same goes for the spark lugs , not any harderr than changing them with stock HP manifolds on a B body with a 440.

30 HP ??? Why is the 69 383HP in the A body only derated 5hp , it's the same exact engine that is installed in the Road runners and Super Bees except for the manifolds and the A body has a dual point distributor ???

Schumachers have to be modified to use with a 4speed .

I have set that are ported and have been jet hot coated , never run since , not sure I'm going to sell them yet but they sure are purdy ....

Even the d/s 440 plug can be changed easily with 3x 6" extensions and two wobbles from under the car lol..

Good luck on the manifold search.. Nothing better than seeing these babies done up right!!!

Grant

I picked up a set a flea market last month, just don't have a car to put them on yet.

I just put in Schumachers into my four speed 383-s fastback, now sporting a 440+6. They went in easy just as advertized. I modified the driver side header to fit a four speed, and it was pretty easy. I have pics if you need them. I am very happy with them.
Rod

I for one would like to see the pics of the mods necessary to fit a four speed with the schumacher's.
Thanks.

Hello Jim...guessing these 68 A Body Big Block manifolds are gone....post was from March of this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back