Big block in a Demon. How much does your front weigh?

-

airwoofer

Drivetrain limit explorer
Reaction score
I do not have scales and need to estimate thee weight of the front of my demon. The car was 3250 with me in it but that was with a alum low deck. Now a RB mega bolck which probably adds 175# or so.

How much does your BB front wheels weigh with what combo? Any A body with a big block?? 1600#?

The car in my avatar 73 dart sport all iron 440 coil over ladder bar back half 8 point cage 3170 w/driver 160lb 1670 front 1500 rear if my memory serves me right.

3 1/2 -15 centerlines w/skinnies,about 28lbs each i guess. JK. If you need the weight to order springs,err on the light side. Sorta like running 6 cylinder t bars is the way i look at it. And it gives ya reason to lighten it even more. Or you can see about renting a scale and using a cherry picker to lift the front end to get the weight.

I do not have scales and need to estimate thee weight of the front of my demon. The car was 3250 with me in it but that was with a alum low deck. Now a RB mega bolck which probably adds 175# or so.

How much does your BB front wheels weigh with what combo? Any A body with a big block?? 1600#?

My 67 GTS 383 has a front axel weight of 1900+. Lost the paper from the truck scale but it was a little over 1900. I weighed it to check my choice of new torsion bars. I read a good estimate for the spring rate is 10% of the front axel rate and the 1" bars were 190# spring rate.

I think you're being conservative with 175lbs difference. Those blocks are heavy.

-
Back