Big Block M code Exhaust Manifolds

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Peanut Gallery here you go , Well at least you know whats coming lol , you know most a body guys dont want to shell that out for a driver , lets see some pics of those rare beauty's , cant be too many left floatin around , hope you get your asking price .

If they're anything but 69 manifolds, they are incorrect plus they don't flow as well as the 69 models. .....but regarding the price and rarity, I can see where an original 440 car missing some would need these if they're nice.

Since many of these cars had their manifolds pulled the first year or two after ownership, along with limited production, makes them rare rare.. Think one of our members was selling a set for $4500, and if I recall, they sold (at what I dont know)..

Do they come with the spacer?

Grant

Nevermind ...

The person that runs the M code A body registery and Accurate LTD . have the spacer of the pass side manifold .

What is the date code on the right manifold ?

If they're anything but 69 manifolds, they are incorrect plus they don't flow as well as the 69 models. .....but regarding the price and rarity, I can see where an original 440 car missing some would need these if they're nice.

The left side is 69 only and that is the part number listed above , the right side is 67-69 . the 68 GSS darts had the 67 383 manifolds on them which the drivers side is more restrictive than the 68-69 383 left manifold.

If they're anything but 69 manifolds, they are incorrect plus they don't flow as well as the 69 models..

Correct ones were only available for 1969..."M" code was a 1 year only deal.

Attachments

• 440ABodyExMan-DrFront (Small).JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 506
  • 440ABodyExMan-PsFront (Small).JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 478
Here is a pict.

Attachments

• 3-7-2012 007.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 521
  • 3-7-2012 008.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 609
  • 3-7-2012 009.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 615
  • 3-7-2012 010.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 544
Great looking manifolds and I need one more set for our other M code and I know how exceedingly hard to find these are as we have one set, but in this "new" market with everything coming back to real #'s on the cars I just can't get myself to part with $4K for another set as it is so hard to justify it nowdays with soft prices. $2500 I would say is about the comfort level most guys would have on these for a resto nowdays and I would jump at any complete nice set for that price level but $4K makes the accurate ltd pieces or headers a more cost effective route and I do not know if you can get the extra money out of an M code nowdays to offset the extra cost. Just my thoughts and I may be way off.

I agree with Vette1986. The market is soft and $4k would be hard to justify. I sold most of my rare stuff a few years ago and glad I did. With that said, I could use a few of those parts on my current build. Oh well.

Nice Manifolds good luck with the sale

Steve
68 Cuda Vert
Charleston SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back