big Block Oil Mod???

-

QK TIME

Reaction score
Would love to oil my rocker shafts from the rear galley holes and get rid of the cam bearing method. Never have seen this done before on stock block and heads. 440/906/solid cam. Seems simple, fitting in one galley hole, other kept for gauge. Simple lines through the VCs and plumb into end of rocker shaft. 440 Source rockers and shafts. Am I missing something? Anyone ever do this?

You will have to run a jet in the feed line if you want to do it . You can't just plumb in the line to the rocker shaft and let her buck ,, the valve train will perform like a sprinkler system .

Why? Seems LA and RB have survived a long time with stock oiling.

I know a lot of aftermarket blocks and heads are done this way. I'm freshening the motor and want to take time this time around and get all the oiling advantages I can. Id like the #4 main to get all the oil it can, equal to the others. IE, not having it have to feed the valve train. Its driving daily and drivin hard.

You will have to run a jet in the feed line if you want to do it . You can't just plumb in the line to the rocker shaft and let her buck ,, the valve train will perform like a sprinkler system .

I figured some kind of restrictor. Any guess on a good size to start with?

I run a .065 jet and it supplies everything up top

april24004.jpg

Thanks everyone. Ive got a few different options now. Ill take a bit and decide.

Block was not drilled for lifter oiling and no machine shops in town could drill a oil passage two feet into the block . To send it back to KB it would be a $700 round trip along with the $250 KB charges to drill the oil pasage . I did this for about $150 .

Its a 540 with twin 88mm turbos , I just went 6.83 @209 today at the Rocky Mountian Shootout in Edmonton . I have to turn it up tommorow to make it past first round .

-
Back