Big Block OR Small Block 727????

-
Thanks everyone but with a broken starter bolt hole (as someone noted) I don't see a reason to buy it.

Treblig

IF you had a motorhome tranny and needed the output shaft and tail housing, 25$ for that one is not bad.... Or, if you needed a valve body, or some other non-wearing parts from the inside... it would be worth picking up for some of those things (speedo gear and housing, dipstick tube, etc....)

Never had luck with an FMX, slush box with the weirdest valve body you ever seen, looks like something out of an air conditioner.....

They are certainly different, but when they are right, they are badass.

IF you had a motorhome tranny and needed the output shaft and tail housing, 25$ for that one is not bad.... Or, if you needed a valve body, or some other non-wearing parts from the inside... it would be worth picking up for some of those things (speedo gear and housing, dipstick tube, etc....)

You're correct on all counts but I had initially driven out there (45 minutes away) to pick up a 2004R that I wanted for a spare and just happened to notice that the guy had the Mopar tranny. I have no need for it as I have two 904s sitting in my garage. But I also know that BB 727 a harder to find so I had thought about picking it up to re-sell. But since it has a broken starter bolt hole and I'd have to drive 1 1/2 hours round trip I don't think it's worth it to me. I'll just leave it there for someone else unless I happen to be driving out that way for other reasons in which case I'll get it for parts. If I point out the broken hole I can probably get it for $10 because the guy was going to haul all three to the scrap yard (he doesn't know what they fit or what they are and he doesn't care).

Thanks,
Treblig

-
Back