Big block valve cover blocks heater blower motor

-

Scottrico

Reaction score
Just installed my 383 big block into my 1974 Plymouth Duster and I noticed that the TrickFlow Valve covers are blocking part of the hole for the non A/C Blower motor. I installed the TrickFlow Valve covers over the TrickFlow 240 heads with Harlan Sharp rockers. Does anybody have a solution without using different valve covers? Maybe a mini fan motor? Perhaps there are valve covers which are smaller but will still fit over the Harland Sharp rockers and not block the Blower motor. the blower motor I have is the OEM type which is pretty large (3" diameter) and sticks into the engine compartment 3".

Part #Ah 451 from Northern radiator. It's what I used in my 1969 bb dart, worked well. Restorations : 69underconstruction440.

Thanks for the reply!
I checked their web site and the specs say it has a 1/4" shaft. My shaft is 5/16". Did it come with a sleeve?

Cut that corner off even all the way around and flip it around backwards and tig it back on.

Thanks for your reply. I believe you are suggesting cutting the corner off of the valve cover. I would have to get someone nearby to do the welding as I have never done any TIG work. I will take your suggestion into consideration. Thanks!

Thanks for your reply. I believe you are suggesting cutting the corner off of the valve cover. I would have to get someone nearby to do the welding as I have never done any TIG work. I will take your suggestion into consideration. Thanks!
Correct. There is someone on here that did it and it looked like it was made that way when they were finished. If I remember right, they were black crinkle valve covers, but I cannot find it now.

Actually I was fortunate to have a friend machine me a spacer for the shaft out of brass ( just provided measurements for what i needed). If you pop over to restorations and find my page listed above you'll see a couple pics.

-
Back