Big Block with headers, best fitting plug wires

-

Heywodja

The Heartbeat Stops Here
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am looking for options on plug wires. I have a 440 in my challenger with 240 Trick Flows and 2” TTI headers. I had a set of Taylor wires on it, but they are so long I could have lit up 2 cars.
Please post pics if you can.

TIA

I used the msd ones. There was a kit that came with the pro billet, box, coil, wires etc. I also have tf240s and tti 2”

I used the MSD wires, but bought an extra set of boots so I could adjust the lengths as needed.

Exactly!

Why not get a good crimp and customize them to run where you want? You can buy different angle and straight plug boots.
Man those were the good old days. That was the only way you could do it for the longest time. Go in, get what you wanted off the roll, buy the ends and the boots and go home and make um.

I have done the cut and crimp many times. I have less time and more stuff to do besides crimping wires, which I usually f up at least one wire.

I appreciate the help one and all!

I have done the cut and crimp many times. I have less time and more stuff to do besides crimping wires, which I usually f up at least one wire.

I appreciate the help one and all!
I can relate to that! You just brought up some good memories though!

I can relate to that! You just brought up some good memories though!

yeah and now that I am older I have learned many lessons, including buying the right tool for the job, including those 50.00 crimpers.

I have a MSD wire crimper. Works very well in my custom wire length jobs. Well worth the money.

I always liked how the factory routed the wires on the big block under everything. Even under the exhaust manifolds. They caint fall down on the manifolds if they're already under them. Always thought that was pretty smart.

I always liked how the factory routed the wires on the big block under everything. Even under the exhaust manifolds. They caint fall down on the manifolds if they're already under them. Always thought that was pretty smart.

Headers kinda make that difficult.. In fact they are a pain in the *** but I can't deny putting them in every performance vehicle I have

Headers kinda make that difficult.. In fact they are a pain in the *** but I can't deny putting them in every performance vehicle I have
They really make an undeniable difference, fo sho and fo certain.

My 383 with Super Comps needed 4 wires with straight boots, 2 with 45* and 2 with 90*

This isn't a specific recommendation for a set of wires that will fit your combination. Hopefully someone will have that for you. But if they don't here is a caution and suggestion.
I just did a wire re-do on a customers 440 based stroker in a b-body. He had some wires laying against tubes with heat sleeve on the outside. This did not protect the wire inside the sleeve from melting like he thought it would.
Aluminum straight plug heads and unknown headers. Ended up with (3) 45* (1) straight and (4) 90*. If you don't have proven combo to work off of I would get a universal set with all options for the plug end. Lots of things can get in the way.

-
Back