BIG BOLT DISC ON EARLY A question

-

superdart426

Banned
Reaction score
putting a BBP DISC setup on an 66 DART...please what outer tie rods do you use the ones for a 66 or later..thanks for the help

i think you use the outer tie rods for the 73-76 and inners for the pre 67 so they fit your center link. I could be wrong. they might all be the same stud size. i have the 11/16 tie rod kit from pst under my car.

I have never read anything that suggests the tie rod ends are different. Maybe check out Big Block Dart's tech pages. They have a good write up on it.

The Tie Rod Ends are the same from SBP & LBP, I do these conversions all the time.

MOPAR CHARLIE
727-271-5068

Attachments

• 64 DARTFRONT DISC BRAKE CONVERSION 1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 180
  • 64 DART DISC BRAKE CONVERSION #2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 171
Do I need the upper or lower control arms from the later (75) bbp dart for my 65 barracuda? Also is this setup significantly heavier than a stock 10" drum setup? And lastly what size are the rotors? I'm running 11" rear drums soon so would like to make sure they are not smaller than my drums. Thanks.

These questions have been answered a gazillion times, so search first.

You only need the UCA's from a later car. LCA's are generally the same, with exception that if someone wants factory sway bars in a 66- car, you must use early LCA's w/ tabs.

In general, front disks are slightly lighter than drums, but probably a wash in this case. The main concern is balancing front & rear braking, which requires a "proportioning valve". Best and cheapest is an adjustable one. Set it so the fronts skid slightly sooner on wet pavement.

66 tie rods will work, only need the 73-up upper arms, spindles & lower ball joints to do the conversion.

-
Back