big bolt pattern disc brake kit for 1973 scamp

-

440scamp

Reaction score
ive been looking online for a kit to turn my drum brake scamp into disc but would like the bigger bolt pattern i have an 8 3/4 rear and its 5 on 4.5 any suggestions or interchangable parts????????

Any disc brake kit off a 73+ A body will work. The FMJ disc set ups work too. You shouldn't need the upper arms because your car should have the big ball joint.

I'm with you Tyler. 4" is the small. 4.5" is the big. 73 and up 8.75 should have come with big bolt pattern. I think 440 has what he wants. I see you have one post to your credit so you may be new to Mopars. Not a problem for the guys here. We like to help newbeis and welcome you aboard. The only stupid question is the one that don't get ask. Ask away and we'll help. Merry Christmas from the guys and gals here at FABO .
Bill AKA Small Block

I thought 73 and up had bbp?I just stripped a 73 Swinger for the front disc. which are bbp.

Yes they are BUT a 73 A body with 9" drum brakes was still SBP .

There was no A body 8 3/4 after the 72 model year so the rear he has does not have original axles , the biggest rear in a 73 A body was the 8 1/4 rear .

To the OP , just look for a factory setup , that will be the easiest and the cheapest swap , the spindles will be the hardest part to find possibly , everything else will be new at the parts store .

Thanks....... oh the rearend i have is out of a challenger i have the spring relo kit and a narrowed 8 3/4 with new perches welded on

-
Back