Big Bolt patterns opposed to What???

-

62BT409

Reaction score
Is there a difference when someone is asking for a Big Bolt pattern as opposed to s Little or Small bolt pattern?
Without taking the wheels and tires off to measure the bolt pattern. The closest I am coming up with is 4 1/4" and/or 4 3/8" across the studs and 2 5/8" from stud to stud. Am I even close? This is on a 68 dart and someone has 14" on the front and 15" on the rear. I want to do 15" all the way around with 6" wide on the front and 7" on the rear.
Thanks
JB

For Mopars, a big bolt pattern is 4 1/2 inches, and small bolt pattern is 4 inches. Center receivers , and stud sizes vary also.Your car came stock with 4 inch patterns. I would take off some nuts, and do a precise measurement.

For Mopars, a big bolt pattern is 4 1/2 inches, and small bolt pattern is 4 inches. Center receivers , and stud sizes vary also.

???? Stud size.....is this difference in length, diameter or thread?

There is a difference in dia, I think. I believe my Dart came with 7/16 studs, and I redrilled, and went to 1/2 to fit the wheels. I could have gone to 5/8 if I had been smarter.

Now it's all coming together. So, I will measure the dia on mine also before ordering. I can take the wheel and tires off the Savoy Ram Charger and see how they fit.....to get an idea.

GM's seem ALOT easier to work with

HEY HEY now....don't say that on here. Stick with, it measure everything, and don't assume any measurements.Remember, assuming makes an *** of u and.....well this time it would just be you. Good luck, and stick with it,you have a cool Dart there.

GM's seem ALOT easier to work with[/quote]

they may be easier to work on but no where near as cool mopars build skill anyone can work on a gm but it takes skill to work on a mopar :D btw if they havent been changed already small bolt pattern stock had 7/16 lug studs and big bolt pattern had 1/2 lug studs this may help but like i said only if no one has changed them already

Now it's all coming together. So, I will measure the dia on mine also before ordering. I can take the wheel and tires off the Savoy Ram Charger and see how they fit.....to get an idea.

GM's seem ALOT easier to work with

Yep they are, any monkey can work on those.

TopHat

You measure from the center of one stud to the outside of the second one (skip one) to get an approximate bolt circle. This will be within a 1/16" or so so there is no confusing the 4" and 4.5" circles.

I don't know what you were told that is different but the way I mentioned is the way I have been doing since I started milling around in junk yards 30+ years ago. The only issue with this method is it's not accurate enough to determine whether it's a 4" bolt circle verse 100mm or 4.5" verse 115mm.

Here is a link to a PDF that provides a visual of what I tired to say in words.

http://www.wheelvintiques.com/pdfs/wheel_fitment.pdf

dgc333's link is the right and only way I know of, any other way would result a different dimension.

Chuck

-
Back