Big Burnout?

-
Only thing i could find for my barracuda locally was a 7-1/4. Didnt give it away either. So here i am desperately hunting for a diff so my project will move so i can get on with fixing it up and they be falling outta the sky south of the canada border.
I'd do it too if rear diffs were plentiful.
That 4 banger looks iffy. Missed a few spots with the paint roller too. All wrong,with the fwd it would have been a challenge to get in there.
I can hook you up. I might even have one with a SG. PM me

Last edited:
Burnouts are a waste(lol). Especially if peg-legging.
I've also seen rear quarters mangled when the tire comes apart,and the smoke show never seems as good as that other guys. You know; that guy with the 440 Challenger that wins all the contests doing burnouts in Drive. I hate that guy.
I never do burnouts........in contests or with old tires or suspect rear ends nor especially peg-legging.
You know that one wheel is doing double what the Speed-O is indicating..... right? If the cross-pin exits the case (it's only held in with a tiny tiny bolt, that has an even tinier shank), there's no telling where it can go. But when it goes, it's like a piece of bomb shrapnel. That thin cover means nothing to it. The cover occupies about (guessing)160* of it's easy exit path, and the fuel tank occupies about 1/3 of that space. The odds are ..........

I'm kidding about the burnouts,btw; I do them all the time. Just letting the clutch out wrong can do it. Going around corners on city streets is the worst, just a little too much gas and there she goes again. And you know once it starts well it kindof has a mind of it's own,lol. But I have an 8.75, with a 4-spider Trac-lok that has no retaining bolt at all; it uses a different system.
But the regular 8.75SGs do have a pin but also have a really thick back plate, which tends to stop the crosspin. Altho........ I do remember............ this one time.........

Last edited:
Check out that custom clip with strut towers,custom firewall, custom aprons, custom relocated wiper,no heatermotor visible, curved core-support, etc. There's a whole lotta engineering in there. Wow!

what a waste of time
i guess if this is an option...all of a sudden a LS swap doesnt look so bad

Since you're looking for opinions...I think this is a pretty ridiculous waste of time...even if it would be fun and entertaining. :D

Unless you anticipate a valuable learning experience from welding the diff, why not either A) save yourself of bunch of effort and just burn one tire at a time, or B) just sell/donate the assembly before you trash it. Plenty of guys who are trying to keep lower powered A-Bodies on the road could probably use a fresh 7.25" or might like to have a back up....as they do break easily!

Regardless of what you do, film it and do it close to your driveway.

But not too close to the garage, and on a near-empty tank, and put the extinguishers on the lawn at least 50ft away, where you can trip over them with your hair on fire, and your eyes closed.
But yeah, I wanna see the video too,lol.

-
Back