Big port ex manifolds on small port heads?

-

powerwaggin

Reaction score
A small apology for a non-A body Mopar small block exhaust question.

So, I'm wanting to put 83 truck ex manifolds (from 4bbl 318 w/air injection big port heads) on my 72 truck 318 with stock heads. The air ports shouldn't matter and I'll get to use bigger down pipes. Then if I go with a 360 later, (without air injection heads) they're already the right size manifolds. Comments please!

A small apology for a non-A body Mopar small block exhaust question.

So, I'm wanting to put 83 truck ex manifolds (from 4bbl 318 w/air injection big port heads) on my 72 truck 318 with stock heads. The air ports shouldn't matter and I'll get to use bigger down pipes. Then if I go with a 360 later, (without air injection heads) they're already the right size manifolds. Comments please!

Bigger manifolds on smaller head ports aren't a issue. tmm

Thanks, that's what I thought. I had the 83 manifolds surface ground and will assemble with 360 gaskets against the 318 heads. I will then have my pipe bender guy build me a stainless 2 1/2" dual system with either an X pipe or H pipe, the idea being to build a good exhaust system once for a truck that may run several different small blocks over the next couple of decades.

-
Back