BIG Shout Out & Thank U to Tony Fields

-

6pk2goDemon

Mopar Mod
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I know I'm a bit late with this, but just want to say Thanks a bunch to our member Tony Fields....He and his wife are such special people that I met here on FABO :thumbup:

Made a deal with him on my birthday May 8th to buy his 90 LeBaron GTC. It took a while to find a shipper that I was comfortable with & he was very patient. It finally arrived here safely on June 2nd.

What a COOL car :D

I've got a lot to learn about these, but it's an absolute blast to drive. Thank U Tony!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0674.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0676.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0680.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0687.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0689.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 206
Nice vnt cars are rare have fun with it if your looking to learn more about the four-cylinder turbo cars go tohttp www.turbo-mopar.com. We have had turbo dodges in the family since 1988 and a few have been fast. The one we have now it a 1987 Shelby csx it's ran a best of 11.80. Good luck and hope u enjoy you new ride

Awesome that a FABO member bought it. Sorta keeps it in the family.

Damn "C", that's sweet. Tony doesn't abuse /not maintain, his hot rods.

Very cool, that is one skilled dog to deliver a car like that :glasses7:

Thanks & yes the transporters were very professional. A husband, wife & dog team that were in touch every step of the way...WOOF :)

http://www.pofftransportation.com/

Nice vnt cars are rare have fun with it if your looking to learn more about the four-cylinder turbo cars go tohttp www.turbo-mopar.com. We have had turbo dodges in the family since 1988 and a few have been fast. The one we have now it a 1987 Shelby csx it's ran a best of 11.80. Good luck and hope u enjoy you new ride

Thanks junior & will look into the turbo forum as time allows. I'm pretty stoked to have it and yes they're rare :)

I drove this at Tony's house in 2012 and was intrigued to say the least. When he mentioned to me it was 4-sale, I jumped at the chance to have it....

I had it for 14 years and it went to a great family! Yes, www.turbo-mopar.com
is a great Forum.

I'm so glad it's in a good home now. I won't have to worry about it's care.:D

Here are some pics of it being loaded here at home.

Enjoy it C....these are so rare you may never see another one.

p.s. I really like my Shelby:D

Attachments

• DSC00137 (Medium).jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC00139 (Medium).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC00148 (Medium).jpg
    34 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC00158 (Medium).jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC00135 (Medium).jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC00129 (Medium).jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC00123 (Medium).jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC00122 (Medium).jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 224
  • DSC00116 (Medium).jpg
    42 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC00113 (Medium).jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 184
I would have never guessed that is a rare car ...I like that FABO peeps are expanding my horizons and making me aware of car lines I would have never noticed before.

I find myself spotting out these cars around now and I never used to. I doubt I have seen any rare ones but it makes my car hunting more exciting being aware of more of what is out there.

Great job you all ...please keep being cool.

Awesome that a FABO member bought it. Sorta keeps it in the family.

Buying a car from Tony is a no brainer...He's particular about his cars. Yes, I consider him family :)

Damn "C", that's sweet. Tony doesn't abuse /not maintain, his hot rods.

Thanks ABB...I'm thrilled to have one of his cars & this one is very special :D

I would have never guessed that is a rare car ...I like that FABO peeps are expanding my horizons and making me aware of car lines I would have never noticed before.

I find myself spotting out these cars around now and I never used to. I doubt I have seen any rare ones but it makes my car hunting more exciting being aware of more of what is out there.

Rani ,if you get a chance: Drive a basic 2.2 turbo K based car. They will more than surprise ,you.

VNT cars are even better, I have an 89 CSX-VNT and wow:burnout:

Got a chance, to idle a Shelby VNT Shadow into a mall, for college. Was one of the coolest rides ( new 80's products...) I have ever seen..... (The best 80's new car ride, for me : Mustang SVO, hands down. Handling slammed my head , against window glass.) These 80's cars ,really can crank, they are becoming forgotten.

Here is the breakdown on these cars:

Hope you don't mind me showing this C

Attachments

• GTCVNTData01a (Medium).jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 206
I've played some with the turbo cars and they are fun! One of them was a '91 spirit R/T (turbo 4). This was the 2.2 twin cam intercooled turbo 5 speed car (Yes! in a 4 door)....! It rapped so fast you could not get out of 1st & 2nd gear fast enough. I feel it had 13 second pull IF it could have hooked. They listed it as mid 14's from the factory. I personally never ran it at the strip

Tony, Thanks for posting the pics of the car loading. Funny you took a pic of the "Boss" (pup) too :)

You can rest assured it's in a good home & won't be abused. I'm happy that you found the Shelby you've been looking for too or I bet you wouldn't have sold the GTC.....

I'm sure I'll do some poking around on the Turbo forums in the coming months.

That is a nice car, I've seen it in person myself.

You should enjoy it!!!

That is a nice car, I've seen it in person myself.

You should enjoy it!!!
Same here and I bet C douse :color:
Congratulations C :cheers: I knew you picked a great shipper and so glad all went well :color:

Groovy ride indeed :color:

Last time I seen it the gas tank was on the floor and parts everywhere....... LOL

Was shocked when he told me he sold the red rocket AND the Lebaron, but with his new Shelby he is like a kid in a candy store with a pocket full of penny's

I knew where it was going and believe it couldn't have went to a better home

Enjoy the car, maybe this winter or late in the evening you can put the top down.

Congrats on the sweet ride! I like the little breakdown of options Tony did. Just think how fast you'll be able to get up to the Farmington show! (I know it won't be there, but if you did...)

Tony, Thanks for posting the pics of the car loading. Funny you took a pic of the "Boss" (pup) too :)

You can rest assured it's in a good home & won't be abused. I'm happy that you found the Shelby you've been looking for too or I bet you wouldn't have sold the GTC.....

I'm sure I'll do some poking around on the Turbo forums in the coming months.

You're correct C.....if the Shelby wasn't available I would still have the GTC....but you
could drive it anytime you came over:D

Did you get a chance to play the CD I left in the Pioneer for you? My solo is on track
22 or somewhere in that area.

-
Back