BIGBLOCK 68 DART CONVERSION 4 SPEED

-

Calsdart

Reaction score
I am installing a 440 with an A-Body 833 4 speed trans. Using the 68-69 B-body manifolds. In order to get the exhaust configured, are there any modifications required to the z-bar from Brewers or is the z-bar from TTI used along with any other issues.

We found the exhaust to be easier to get in with a custom bar moved back toward the firewall. This required shorter pedal and clutch fork rods. My son and I are planning on getting his 440 back into his Dart some time this year. We have decided to do a hydraulic conversion using Dakota master/slave cylinders. I'll need to mock it up with the exhaust bolted on to make it work, but it should eliminate some problems.

I am installing a 440 with an A-Body 833 4 speed trans. Using the 68-69 B-body manifolds. In order to get the exhaust configured, are there any modifications required to the z-bar from Brewers or is the z-bar from TTI used along with any other issues.
When I used c body manifolds on my B motor with the stock clutch stuff, I think it cleared the z bar. I'm not 100% sure, so don't quote me haha. I think the c body manifolds are a different shape?

When I used c body manifolds on my B motor with the stock clutch stuff, I think it cleared the z bar. I'm not 100% sure, so don't quote me haha. I think the c body manifolds are a different shape?
Thanks for the reply.

-
Back