Bike guys, help.

-

74Dusted

Stock Piler of 340's
Reaction score
I'm searching for a new Fuel Selector Valve for the gas tank on my 1978 Yamaha DT125 (175 top end) only I'm not having much luck. Found some for other bikes and some used ones (I'd rather buy a new part)

Are all Thread On valves the same size and thread pitch? If they are, it would make it easier to locate a replacement valve.

I'm searching for a new Fuel Selector Valve for the gas tank on my 1978 Yamaha DT125 (175 top end) only I'm not having much luck. Found some for other bikes and some used ones (I'd rather buy a new part)

Are all Thread On valves the same size and thread pitch? If they are, it would make it easier to locate a replacement valve.

Couple of places online have the petcocks for your bike. Looks like $25 bucks gets it done.

http://www.partsnmore.com/parts/yamaha/dt125/

Good luck
AlV

Couple of places online have the petcocks for your bike. Looks like $25 bucks gets it done.

Good luck
AlV

And worth every penny.
Those are good bikes and I'll bet that one scoots.
I used to have a DT360 when I was young and stupid. (never hurt myself on it though) :)
I have an XR500 Honda now. (old and stupid?)

Good luck
AlV

Thanks! I see they even sell replacement turn signals. Someone busted off my original rear turn signals (the spring loaded ones that fold over) My bike currently has "fixed" / solid signals from a honda because of that.

And worth every penny.
Those are good bikes and I'll bet that one scoots.
I used to have a DT360 when I was young and stupid. (never hurt myself on it though) :)
I have an XR500 Honda now. (old and stupid?)

Oh it really scoots, I installed the "hotter" top end from an MX175 instead of a DT175. The MX was the off-road only version, more aggressive than the DT (Street-Trail) version. On such a light bike, it made for an awesome upgrade. And since I only weight about 116 pounds, the bike doesn't even know I'm there.

I appreciate the help guys, so does my bike.

I've owned her for about 16 years now, it had roughly 300 original miles on it when I bought it from the original owner. The original owner bought it new, rode it a couple times in 1977-1978 (mid '77 production "78 DT") and parked it for the rest of its life.

An assistant at the shop was responsible for all the damage to the bike, he grabbed the keys out of the office, took it out on the road, couldn't handle it, stood it straight up and flopped it over.

Thanks to that site AlV mentioned, I can replace the incorrect parts with correct parts to return it back to an original look. Minus the Performance Mods to the engine, those can stay because they make it more fun and still look original (cause they are period correct yamaha parts), except for the Reeds, those are aftermarket and they can stay too.

Nice bike! I rode the wheels off of a 77 IT175 back in the day. Although, it wasn't street legal, I got it licensed, and no one ever questioned me. I miss that bike!

77IT175_zps29ebab4e.jpg

I ride this one now. It's like two 175's attached at the crank. It will stand right up and bite you if you're not paying attention.

RZ5-13003Medium_zps08fc85e1.jpg

I appreciate the help guys, so does my bike.

I've owned her for about 16 years now, it had roughly 300 original miles on it when I bought it from the original owner. The original owner bought it new, rode it a couple times in 1977-1978 (mid '77 production "78 DT") and parked it for the rest of its life.

An assistant at the shop was responsible for all the damage to the bike, he grabbed the keys out of the office, took it out on the road, couldn't handle it, stood it straight up and flopped it over.

Thanks to that site AlV mentioned, I can replace the incorrect parts with correct parts to return it back to an original look. Minus the Performance Mods to the engine, those can stay because they make it more fun and still look original (cause they are period correct yamaha parts), except for the Reeds, those are aftermarket and they can stay too.

Nice Bike! Throw that valve on, have fun and keep the shiney side up :)
Not a dirt Ike but here's my 82 GPz
1001978_10202010015070633_2606921785570334895_n.jpg

not the same vintage but I have a plated KDX

street legal 2 stroke :)

also have 2 non plated ones and a TTR-125 for the wifey

This is my 82 XR500 in it's natural habitat.

Attachments

• steed.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 141
That looks just like my son in law's bike and in my son in law's garage.

now I have no choice but to ask for a picture of your daughter and see if she looks like my wife (and you better believe I will be pissed if I have to find out this way that daddy dearest has a mopar hes been hiding from me cause all ive ever seen him drive is that retched Saturn)

now I have no choice but to ask for a picture of your daughter and see if she looks like my wife (and you better believe I will be pissed if I have to find out this way that daddy dearest has a mopar hes been hiding from me cause all ive ever seen him drive is that retched Saturn)

What if my son in law is gay?

What then? :dontknow:

Don't worry, he's not. :)

-
Back