Binding Problem.

-

Dave Muellner

Reaction score
I have a 67 Dart GT 4 speed .I have installed a lakewood .I have picked up a binding in the swing arm .This is about 3/4 of the way in .I have replaced everything from the swing arm to the bell crank and the clutch.It works fine when in gear but I dont trust it. Any help.Thanks Dave

I have a 67 Dart GT 4 speed .I have installed a lakewood .I have picked up a binding in the swing arm .This is about 3/4 of the way in .I have replaced everything from the swing arm to the bell crank and the clutch.It works fine when in gear but I dont trust it. Any help.Thanks Dave

Dave, have you got any pics of the linkage? Quite a few years ago when I installed a Lakewood housing in my '73 Duster, my Z bar ( I guess that's what you're calling a swing arm) was binding because the mounting point for the ball stud was lower on the Lakewood housing than the mounting point for the other ball stud on the frame. This caused the Z bar to bind because it was angled down at the bellhousing mount. I made an "adapter plate" to bolt to the Lakewood and raise the ball stud mounting height to the same level as the ball stud on the frame. All binding was gone. Don't know if this is what's happening with yours, but just something to check.

Thanks I have changed the the bell cranks and raised the mount on the Bell .I have also changed the pedel and rod.This is a pain.I am going to try the frame ball next to see if it is to long. sorry no photos right now .I will try and get some latter. .Thanks Dave

Hey Fixed The Problem. Made An Adjuster Made For Bell. Working So Far. You Would Think Lakewood Could Come Out With A Part To Cure This. Thanks For The Help. Dave

Hey Fixed The Problem. Made An Adjuster Made For Bell. Working So Far. You Would Think Lakewood Could Come Out With A Part To Cure This. Thanks For The Help. Dave

Yeah you would think so! Glad it's working good though.

Robert

-
Back