bits and pieces

-

pyrojim

Reaction score
I took apart, cleaned and painted the convertible frame over the weekend.
One of these3 are split all the way through. Any idea what they are called? Or where I can get replacements?
They came off the back bow where it screws to the frame and the screw for the tension wire attaches.
Thanks.

Attachments

• vertcovers.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 201
  • vertboot2.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 176
Jim, sorry I cant help, but I will be doing the same thing with my vert frame eventually. Post up where you find replacements.
Bump for ya.
Oh post year/model of your car too

Jim, sorry I cant help, but I will be doing the same thing with my vert frame eventually. Post up where you find replacements.
Bump for ya.
Oh post year/model of your car too

Sorry, I forgot.
1966 Dart GT convertible.
When you disassemble it, make sure you keep all the same pins in the same place. It gets very confusing what went where. The paint is black textured by Rustoleum with a satin clear!! Looks GREAT!!

Attachments

• 66 DArt.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 197
From what I can tell on my 65 it is just for keeping down contact and vibration when the top is down in the well. Contact 66 Dvert if anyone knows it would be him.

I took apart, cleaned and painted the convertible frame over the weekend.
One of these3 are split all the way through. Any idea what they are called? Or where I can get replacements?
They came off the back bow where it screws to the frame and the screw for the tension wire attaches.
Thanks.

I have no Idea:cry: what they are called. But I do know I have to make some up for myself too! I have managed to get one off of the wife's dart and a split one(might be able to use the superglue to re-glue it for a model but it won't hold together for reuse,it just too brittle.) from mine. that way I'll have the left and right ones for a mold as soon as I can afford to get some more silicone rubber for the molds, unfortunately it won't be till after Christmas time spending is done. When that happens I'll get some in the works and send ya a set. 2 right? or 4, I only see 2 on mine so I'm A$$uming that there is only 2. and are yours harder than ...umm silicone sealant and more towards bicycle hand grips or bicycle tube rubber(this might be closest to original flex)? makes a difference in which urethane rubber I order for the actual part(not the molding silicone rubber but part rubber)

OK! now the TODO list is for replacement division bar cushions and the rear bow anti-rattle pieces in rubber and top header channel seal and side pieces in plastic(yeah Waggin I'm trying to finish up the header channel mold so we can get our tops on!)... GAH I'm going backwards in my build!

Yes they are for vibration AND anti wear through for the top material since that's where the most abrasion can be taking the top up and down(stapled to that bow ya know:D)

-
Back