Black 69 Dart Swinger

-

cmills

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me..... how rare is a 69 Dart Swinger in X9 black?? I have not seen but one in person in my lifetime. I'm talking like the one I am showing here.

Here is a pic

Dart 10(2).jpg

I like it too... not sure on how rare though.. I have a black 68

WOW...that looks HOT with the red stripe!...just came across a 70 today that was a triple Black car with RED stripe on the tag...currently yellow!

416stroker when did you buy your car? Wow that looks familiar!!!

Funest car I ever owned. 69 Swinger 340 4-speed, black on black with a red stripe. Sold it through Hemming's in 94 to someone in Wisconsin. Completely rust free So Cal car. Gave a 396 chevelle guy fits one early morning in Escondido when I easily kept my front fender ahead of his! God I want another...

69swing1.jpg

I bought my car on May 30th of 1970. It was a stripe delete car and it had the plain black steel wheels with the small dog dish hubcaps! I'm the second owner. In fact, my dad had to cosign for me to buy it! I've kept it all these years and it's only seen one winter of driving before I started putting it up for the winter. It had 69000 miles on it when I tore it completely apart and started the resto 5 years ago. The Cragars that are on it were bought one month after I bought the car and they have been on it ever since! The car came with E70 Firestone Redlines wide ovals and so when I redid the car I wanted to go back to that original look and keep the Cragars like I had it back in the day. When I pulled the carpet out of the car, which had never been out since it was made, there was a 1969 dime under the drivers side of the carpet that had to have been put there from the assembly line at the factory! Pretty Cool! I almost opted for a white stripe when I did the car over, but the more I thought about it, I decided to go with the red one to bring out the redline in the tires and also the taillights!

Thanks for the compliments guys! It turns heads when I take it out, for sure!

TZR9

Yeah those 396 Chevelles never gave me any trouble at all back in the day! Embarassed a few guys who wanted to show off for their girlfriends when I pulled right by them and left them wondering what I had done to the car to make it so quick! It was pure stock and they just couldn't believe it! Boy those were fun days!!

I love the color combo nothing says try to take me on and get your a$$ handed to you like a little dart swinger dressed in all black.

I read in one of the mopar mags one time that the best selling colors for a Mopar or car collector was black.

Great stories to guys.

OK.....I have a chance to purchase the car I pictured above. Your thoughts?

33K original miles, not original motor.

TZR9

Yeah those 396 Chevelles never gave me any trouble at all back in the day! Embarassed a few guys who wanted to show off for their girlfriends when I pulled right by them and left them wondering what I had done to the car to make it so quick! It was pure stock and they just couldn't believe it! Boy those were fun days!!

Same for me! I ran up against a 396 Chevelle one night on Whittier Blvd. back in very early 1970. After I beat him he rolled up alongside of be at the next signal and said, "What have you got in there?"
I just answered back with, "Small block", and drove away as the light turned green.
I was half a block away and looked in the mirror. He was still sitting at the light with his jaw sitting in his lap.
Yeah, those were fun days!

That sounds just like the race I had with a guy. After I spanked him real bad, he pulled up at the next light and said what have you done to it, and I said nothing, it's stock. He smirked and said "yeah right". I guess he had save face in front of his HOT looking girlfriend sitting next to him that just watched him get his ego crushed. I should of asked the girlfriend if she wanted to jump into my car and go for a ride in a real muscle car, but I was so pumped that I just wipped his a$$ that I was on an all time high and nothing could match it! Those were the best of times!

Here is mine coming out of DEEEEP storage... Painted and striped by the founder of House of Kolor in 1973.

Six-pack Swinger.jpg

The Chevelle I beat was a 70 cowl inducted 396. I really did expect to get my but tanned but I beat him pretty good so I was surprised! I had only had the car for just a short while and hadn't been in that many races and wasn't sure of what it would do but after that, I wasn't intimidated by the SS's running around town anymore.

66 or 70 doesn't really matter… If it was a 325hp (330hp 402 but called a 396 in 1970) car they were not that fast. Big block Chevelles are really heavy….. Pushing 3800 pounds.

Any 340 a body from the same era should beat one.

I agree! But the 396's had this so called reputation that said "don't mess" and the Chevy guys were strutting there stuff for a couple of years until Chrysler snuck up on everyone with their small blocks and starting kickin some butt! Lots of 340 Dusters, Cudas and Darts took back the streets and for a whole lot less money out of pocket too! No bells and whistles, just brute strength!

OK.....I have a chance to purchase the car I pictured above. Your thoughts?

33K original miles, not original motor.

Dart 10(2).jpg

-
Back