Black 69 Dart Swinger

-
OK.....I have a chance to purchase the car I pictured above. Your thoughts?

33K original miles, not original motor.

We need way more info if you want a value.

And i have a bunch of questions.

Build sheet?

Fender tag?

Why a replacement engine and 33k miles?

Is that new paint?

And so on………….

Being factory black (if it is factory black) is a bonus (if you like black), but black was a standard color and any added value would be very small.

It looks like new paint to me. If you like black...and I do...it will provide a clear picture of the sheet metal condition if it has been reworked or not and the quality of the work! But the car looks from the photos to be very straight. I to would question a different motor with 33k original miles. If the car is solid and straight with everything working, and the price is right, I don't see how you could go wrong. Like I said, the pics look pretty good.

We need way more info if you want a value.

And i have a bunch of questions.

Build sheet?

Fender tag?

Why a replacement engine and 33k miles?

Is that new paint?

And so on………….

Being factory black (if it is factory black) is a bonus (if you like black), but black was a standard color and any added value would be very small.

The fender tag is present. No build sheet. Yes it is very straight...original sheet metal except doors. (missing when current owner purchased it) Motor also gone at that time. The paint is 15 years old...very nice, extreme gloss. Spot of rust at front corner in trunk channel. Undercarriage like new with factory undercoating. All gauges work. Drives straight and smooth. 360 with a solid rebuild, no smoke on start-up. 340 steel wheels/ sbp. Bezels will have to be stripped of that black paint. I have had many Darts...this one "gets" me. Thoughts?

Wow guys those are some beautiful black Darts. Not too many up here in that shape, but there are black Darts around from 68-71. Cmills as for being rare probably not, I think I would have a more rare colour with my 67 Dark Copper Metallic (see below), but if the price is right Grab that bad boy, it is SWEEEET!8)

DSC02390.jpg

OK.....I have a chance to purchase the car I pictured above. Your thoughts?

33K original miles, not original motor.

Buy it!

Who cares how rare the paint is. Get the car and drivce it like ya stole it!!

I love black cars. My first car was a 1970 Mercury Cougar XR7 with black pearl custom paint. Paint would flip in the sun and take on a rootbeer color.

Nice looking car...the 360 is a big downer.
fender tag - good. no build sheet - bad. I would make sure you check EVERYWHERE on the body to make sure it was a (factory) black car....fender tags can be repopped.
engine and doors missing with 33k miles....weird.....is that correct mileage?
Orig trans?
Going to cost abit to correctly restore the grille and bezels....

Nice looking car...the 360 is a big downer.
fender tag - good. no build sheet - bad. I would make sure you check EVERYWHERE on the body to make sure it was a (factory) black car....fender tags can be repopped.
engine and doors missing with 33k miles....weird.....is that correct mileage?
Orig trans?
Going to cost abit to correctly restore the grille and bezels....

The owner says it sat in a Georgia salvage yard when he bought it in 1988. He had it shipped north where he stored it until 1995 when he installed the motor and painted it. I was thinking just strip the bezels and polish...not expensive?? The trunk looks untouched as far as paint...and it is spotless with original seam sealer...and it is black in there. The 360 has 340 heads and runs very nicely...tranny shifts very nicely.

Does he have 'before' restoration photos?....and during.
A real good place to look for orig paint on cars is under the carpet..the package tray...and wheel wells under the undercoating. Unless all that was re painted.
THe grille and bezels are made of aluminum that was anodized..(so it doesn't corrode).very few places can re anodize. Mike at All Trim in Sandy Oregon is one that does it. I have a 69 grille and bezels there now being restored. Not cheap to do it correct. You could strip the paint and hopefully the aluminum isn't pitted/damaged...then polish and clear coat it. Need a clear (or anodize) to protect the aluminum.
Bottom line is it is a Very nice car...if you like it and feel the price is fair...then buy it and Enjoy!

I have a '69 black original paint 4 speed 340 Swinger9Stripe delete) with a black interior sitting in the back of my garage-where it's been sitting for 20 years- will be selling later in the winter. There is another 69 with a red stripe nearby me in Maryland- don't know how rare they are????????????????

Im seeing lots of talk about beating 396 Chevelles.Thats a given seeing how the Dart has a 5-600 lb advantage and a wicked 340.

A 396 Nova might be a bit tougher...

-
Back