Black Friday deals .

-
Well my last major Black Friday buy arrived today. My 1.80 low gearset for my spare powerglide transmission. Now if needed I can pull it and slide one right in its place if I hurt one. That is after I rebuild my spare. Sold my 1.98 for 550.00 and the new set was 780.00 delivered. My new light died on my while porting today so I threw it on charge and grabbed my old light. Next break I ordered another one like the one I just bought from Amazon. Be here next Wednesday.

158682FB-B866-4985-8E72-3ED7EDE3959D.jpeg

457F4E55-F616-4F9D-B5FB-1079D0093C53.jpeg

You’ve successfully done more today than I have. I can’t shake this bug.

I‘m now thinking the old lady is poisoning me or something.
It's not the wife, it's the makers of Speedmaster.

Do you port all heads for "max flow" or engine specific? In other words, do you look at Cubic Inches, RPM, and the such when you port ?

Well I’m going to say both to that question. I haven’t done a so called clean up and go for years. I tube every small block head I do now. Then it’s up to the customer if he wants a bigger valve but I try to recommend them buying a 2.055 valve which is perfect for these heads. The porting work costs the same anyway and the mid flow numbers are the same so why not. Then they have room to grow. The heads on my car with a 2.08 valve ran consistent 6.0’s at 2880 with a .650 lift roller on my 408. And ran consistent 6.50’s at 3200 pounds on my sons stock crank 360 with a .620 lift roller. So as you can see it didn’t hurt his combo to have the better head.

Last edited:
Well I’m going to say both to that answer. I haven’t done a so called clean up and go for years. I tube every small block head I do now. Then it’s up to the customer if he wants a bigger valve but I try to recommend them buying a 2.055 valve which is perfect for these heads. The porting work costs the same anyway and the mid flow numbers are the same so why not. Then they have room to grow. The heads on my car with a 2.08 valve ran consistent 6.0’s at 2880 with a .650 lift roller on my 408. And ran consistent 6.50’s at 3200 pounds on my sons stock crank 360 with a .620 lift roller. So as you can see it didn’t hurt his combo to have the better head.
Good stuff, thanks!
:thumbsup:

Finally I found a place that not only took my order, took my money, but actually delivered what I ordered. Not the cheapest price but within a few dollars of todays rates. They were actually drop shipped from Ferrea in Florida. Funny because I emailed them for an update earlier today and they responded back within minutes that they contacted the vendor with no response back. Another vender with better pricing received some 2.055 valves so I ordered another set of those too.

7AE70634-6651-43B3-87E5-850FDB1D24BE.jpeg

You should be able to rotate the earth with those.
I’m sure it’s more head than I’ll need but I couldn’t pass up the deal. Now that I have it all in hand it looks great. The roller rockers and shafts are beefy, heads look good, no glaring issues. I had to get the driveshaft loop because it was only $16, total steal.

What material thickness is that driveshaft loop made out of??? For $16, that's a total steal. I used a cheapie one like that in my 66 Dart. With a little cutting and welding, you can make them fit really nicely.

View attachment 1716020368
I’m not sure, it didn’t say in the description, but it feels heavy duty. For $16 it’s cheap insurance!

-
Back