Black Friday Sale on TTI?

-

gzig5

Reaction score
Didn't see another thread regarding upcoming sales. Do the TTI headers ever go on sale?
I am aware of the Speedmaster sale and I think Summit does something.

Didn't see another thread regarding upcoming sales. Do the TTI headers ever go on sale?
I am aware of the Speedmaster sale and I think Summit does something.
Very disappointed in Summit so far kind of waiting for tomorrow maybe...
I will try and make them price match Speedmaster though...

I got an e-mail this morning, and it was one of the feature items. It did say use promo code #HolidayThanks, or call them.

Summit has had the same money off as Jegs off and on the last few weeks, I caught it the other day, generally they keep it running as long as jegs, they also had 10% off their Summit brand parts a few days ago, right now though nothing but anticipation.

Trying to keep myself from buying the Doug's at Autozone. They have up to 25% off and free shipping so they are $530 before tax and the TTI are going to be $840 plus tax and shipping. Decisions, decisions. I don't think I've ever seen a real discount on the TTI stuff. I'm going to put a 4" crank in it at some point so the TTI stepped are probably going to be worth the extra dough.

I have bought three sets of TTI headers and do appreciate their quality, but.....
They have some crappy business practices. Most of their products were designed many years ago so the cost of developing them MUST have been paid for by now. They should be able to lower their prices and still make a profit.
They don't take credit card orders over the phone, at least they didn't when I tried.
When they display at the car shows, they don't bring headers to sell.
What drives these decisions?

Summit has their discount going on now, little different than Jegs, guess it will go through Monday at least, no help with the TTi's though

I can agree with some of your commentary. Their designs are old (good) and they were very resistant to change when Borgeson boxes came into the picture along with different suspensions. I don’t know them intimately, but it seems they like to be geared to stocking dealers. It’s extremely expensive to stock their parts and cumbersome due to box sizes and weights. Like I mentioned earlier the profit margins are not large. Be thankful high quality parts like this exist for the Mopar micro market.

I bought TTI ceramic coated headers recently for a 318 poly, within a year they began to rust.

I sent an email stating I would not be taking advantage of their warranty, which requires me to r&r, pack up, send back, wait, have them coated again, which I was concerned about as they farm it out and they would have to be prepped correctly.

They replied 2 days later, sent new headers, gaskets, and hardware, with their best coating, no baloney.

I bought TTI ceramic coated headers recently for a 318 poly, within a year they began to rust.

I sent an email stating I would not be taking advantage of their warranty, which requires me to r&r, pack up, send back, wait, have them coated again, which I was concerned about as they farm it out and they would have to be prepped correctly.

They replied 2 days later, sent new headers, gaskets, and hardware, with their best coating, no baloney.
I bought them in nickel and never had a rust issue

TTi are expensive, but they are worth every penny.
70EF8DAC-60CD-4747-86C0-A1A8C92DEC00.gif

I am not against a company making a profit. I just think that TTI seems to run their business like WE are lucky to have them and that they have no competition. They are friendly people in person and on the phone so I suspect that the management or owner is responsible.
If I learned that they had oppressive regulations and high overhead, I'd be more understanding. California IS a shitty place to do any type of manufacturing with all the assclown regulations.

I am not against a company making a profit. I just think that TTI seems to run their business like WE are lucky to have them and that they have no competition. They are friendly people in person and on the phone so I suspect that the management or owner is responsible.
If I learned that they had oppressive regulations and high overhead, I'd be more understanding. California IS a shitty place to do any type of manufacturing with all the assclown regulations.
I get it, but they don’t have any competition...

I have bought three sets of TTI headers and do appreciate their quality, but.....
They have some crappy business practices. Most of their products were designed many years ago so the cost of developing them MUST have been paid for by now. They should be able to lower their prices and still make a profit.
They don't take credit card orders over the phone, at least they didn't when I tried.
When they display at the car shows, they don't bring headers to sell.
What drives these decisions?
TTI does not sell direct, as far as I know. So they keep their distributors/dealers in business by giving them exclusive rights, and probably even territories, to sell the product. That's why the huge mailorder places do not carry TTI products.

TTI does not sell direct, as far as I know. So they keep their distributors/dealers in business by giving them exclusive rights, and probably even territories, to sell the product. That's why the huge mailorder places do not carry TTI products.
There are no territories. I'd venture to guess most places don't want to be stocking dealers because several reasons. The parts are huge and heavy, fairly slow movers and not a huge amount of profit.

When I bought my TTIs they told me who to buy them from, which was a dealer closest to my address. They were shipped direct from TTI though. It is a little bit of an odd way to do things.

When I bought my TTIs they told me who to buy them from, which was a dealer closest to my address. They were shipped direct from TTI though. It is a little bit of an odd way to do things.

Did you have to pay shipping as well?

-
Back