Black hood

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Progress has been made at the fab shop. Just discussed, again, with the body guy about the black hood. I am not concerned with the purists view of what we did is incorrect. I am more concerned with the the flat black hood not picking up oil from it getting touched as well as the nightmare of wax hitting it and having a white splotch as well as the effects of the 1.5 mile dirt road I live on. So what haveothers done, and if possible please post some pictures.....

It's no big deal. Paint the hood flat, then have it cleared with flat clear. No worry about wax or dirt getting "into" the flat paint. Good luck. Be sure to post pics when done.

You might feel old when you go to McDonalds and they ask you if you need help with your tray.

black base, flat clear. you can wax it and it wont get shiny.

I used SEM hot rod black for my duster. It is a single stage urethane.Comes in a 1 qrt. kit with hardner. It also cleans up easy with Meguiars quick detailer.

Attachments

• IMG_2562.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 151
It's no big deal. Paint the hood flat, then have it cleared with flat clear. No worry about wax or dirt getting "into" the flat paint. Good luck. Be sure to post pics when done.

You might feel old when you go to McDonalds and they ask you if you need help with your tray.

black base, flat clear. you can wax it and it wont get shiny.
Is the flat clear the key to it? After shooting the clear can it still be buffed to get rid of any orange peel or dust that settles into the clear as it is drying? Car will be getting sprayed in a booth in AZ but there is always some crap in the air no matter booth or not......

-
Back