Black listed

-
The only "Black List" on this site is the people that do NOT paint black paint behind their headlights.
This is a good site. If you have no replys your doing good.

Michael

Hold on let me run out to the garage with a rattle can......brb :)

Didn't read the whole thread, just the original post. I doubt your being shunned, more likely a matter of getting your threads barried under other threads before it gets a chance for exposure.

I use to be a very regular member here and made multiple posts every day and made a lot of good friends. And my build thread is a pretty large one but mostly because a small handful of members that have been regular commenters on the thread. But i have found that the more the site has rapidly grown ....that tight nit community feeling has kind of lost its impact. That's when I decided to do more lurking on the site than being an active member.

To easy to get caught up in drama or political mumbo jumbo or rub a high strung Internet tough guy the wrong way lol.

Still a great site though, don't get me wrong, the knowledge here at fabo is a huge asset, and lots of genuinely good folks here too.

Don't over think it though, if you want the attention to your threads, make really eye catching titles maybe.

I just read the entire thread, there's lots of great comments here. A few questions i had were answered!
I found that if people are acting like jackasses on here consistently, people do not blacklist them, the mods ban them until they straighten out their attitude.
As for the O.P.'s build thread, the lack of funds to get the best restoration that money can buy is way beyond the scope of the average guy on here.
I reluctantly started a build thread on here not too long ago, but i'm glad i did.
A lot of people don't realize the work and commitment it takes to build a car even half assed like i'm doing. Not everyone is going to agree with you or love your car build.
To me, it's all about having fun with the car and not being too worried about what other people think of you. Hopefully it helps other people and gives them ideas for their cars, i look at the build threads and tech here a lot and used that info to create my own ideas on how i need to proceed.
Now get on with building and posting here!

there are too many build threads for me to keep them all sorted out. Most of the builds are way out of my capability. I spend more time reading than posting. I'm educating myself. I usually don't reply on problem threads cause i usually have no idea how to help the poster. I leave that for the experts here and there are a lot of them. Seriuosly (not being sarcastic) there's a ton of knowledge floating around here and not much of it will be coming from me.
x2...

-
Back