Blacked-Out Bumpers??

-

PanGasket

has cork sides
Reaction score
I've been seeing this quite abit lately and I have to be honest, I actually really like it and am considering it when I get my hands on a car. Does anyone have some pics of their car with the black bumpers with chrome hardware or black hardware? How did you do it? Did you just sand your bumper and bomb it black or did u send it out to get painted?

They make the car look like the owner was too cheap to have them rechromed,chrome bumpers really finish off a car nicely..

I'm not sure how it was de-chromed, but I kinda like it :bootysha:. Yea, I'm too cheap to have mine re-chromed ;-).

I wonder if she could and how much it would cost

Call and talk to her and have some pics ready. I'd bet my firstborn you won't find a negative comment around here about her quality or price.

Leanna ~ The CudaChick
Owner/Operator
PHOENIX SPECIALTY COATINGS
Where Your Parts Are Reborn
731-613-9192 (10-9 central time daily)
http://phoenixspecialtycoatings.com

Call and talk to her and have some pics ready. I'd bet my firstborn you won't find a negative comment around here about her quality or price.

Leanna ~ The CudaChick
Owner/Operator
PHOENIX SPECIALTY COATINGS
Where Your Parts Are Reborn
731-613-9192 (10-9 central time daily)
http://phoenixspecialtycoatings.com

Ohh, I know bargehead, shes absolutely fantastic! Its just my budget aint big, but ill definately send her a PM. :cheers:

Im just hopin maybe to catch some more blacked out bumper pics

OK,
Ill bite,
while mine are currently primered in black, the car is going to be painted in black,and there will be not a piece of chrome anywhere to be found.
This is just my design choice not a monetary one.
Andrew

front bumper 013.jpg

front bumper 016.jpg

front bumper 011.jpg

rearshot.jpg

.........Hey i like chrome, but the black does look good.............blue missle where did u get the front spojler....................kim.........

I'm a fan of black or body colored bumpers...I think there are some color combos that just don't go well with chrome...

I'm thinkin about goin that route with my dart...

Really?I didn,t know fiberglass could be chromed?I,m thinking about going with fiberglass bumpers on my 66 Dart.I just can,t see paying $1000 to have them redone(chromed)and the light weight of the fiberglass might help me get in the 10,s?

My friend was a Mennonite, and he was telling me about "Black Bumper Mennonites". They were reformed enough to own cars, but not frivolous enough for chrome. lol

Really?I didn,t know fiberglass could be chromed?I,m thinking about going with fiberglass bumpers on my 66 Dart.I just can,t see paying $1000 to have them redone(chromed)and the light weight of the fiberglass might help me get in the 10,s?

I was talking to Leanna last night and she said she can put a powder coat on them that'll make them look like black chrome. :cheers:

Chrome plating in electronic process that mates the finish to the metal, you can prolly get them faux chromed, but its not true chrome plating.

Andrew, dude, Very clever turning the bumper upside down. loving the look you got going on, makes the car look really mean!!!!:snakeman:

Kim,
I made it out of sheet metal

Dartt, Im still debating whether to install the rocket launchers that pop up out of the hood either side of the hood scoop.:)

Andrew

spoiler 1.jpg

Do they really shoot rockets?

I'd say the body colored bumpers really depend on the car.

My car is a light blue dart. It would look like *** with black or body colored bumpers.

To me one of the things that makes older cars stand out from new cars is the chrome. Don't like painted bumpers at all. But thats just me.

LX,
only if they are loaded.:snakeman:
Read the story in the members restorations forum, Birth of the 'Blue Missile'TM.
Andrew

What about black vinyl wrap? I have seen whole cars done that way. Once you get tired of it you just peel it off.

I wanted to black out the front/rear chrome on my Duster and have been thinking of going this route since I can't find cheap parts to tear up in my area.

I'm a big fan of chrome (and not too cheap) - just wanted to do something a little different. I had a plater strip, straighten, and prime mine.

Geezzz where did you get that price? Have you tried

http://www.tricityplating.com/

To me one of the things that makes older cars stand out from new cars is the chrome. Don't like painted bumpers at all. But thats just me.

x2

-
Back