Blacklace, this is ALL your fault. 1975 Dodge Colt....new project

-
What rear end are you running and the rest of the details of the swap? The basics like, what pan pan, exhaust etc. if you don't mind my asking.

I do have one now, a real nice Grandma 78 that I am contemplating building. Have to finish the other car first, but still thinking about it.

Oh, and what did it run when you were able to run it?

Thanks, ROB

i had to use 71 truck front sump pan and pickup,with an ebay 318 to 360 rear main adapter.shortie headers,fire wall bashing,trans tunnel cut out and new one fabricated,8 3/4 narrowed rear.fabbed mtr and trans mounts.the car only ran 8.70 in the 1/8th, but the slicks are new,and arent even half way broke in,and this motor was completely stock internals,76 model 2bbl.it was bogging pretty heavily.i believe 7.90 's are going to be VERY east to obtain.good luck with yours!

OK. I just wanted some basics.

One more easy question. Will a later model truck pan work? Typical 70's truck pan?

The rest is pretty straight forward it sounds like.

I build Jeeps and I have to make everything.......I mean everything.

Like making stuff so it is ok.

ROB

my sump is in the front of the crossmember,not sure if a rear sump could be turned around. would be easy enough to fab a pickup.subframe connectors are some old heavy wall pipe from the scrap pile.the were formed with a harbor freight pipe bender.they start inside of the front subframes,and follow the floor pan back to the box in front of the forward spring eye.crude but effective! the car doesnt torque to one side,it lifts very evenly...so i guess they're doing what they're supposed to!

Pre 71 trucks with 318,s had front sump oil pans.

Cool car. I found a 74 local to me and have been kicking around putting my 340, just not sure if I am ready for such a big project.

Dennis

would love to see a detailed picture of your motor mounts 540demon for your colt. Working on this right now. any help or pictures in this area would be awesome. What shortie headers did you run? Do you think a 904 would be better for using existing trans tunnel? Sorry for so many questions.

Ian

-
Back