Blake carburators ??

-

Buschi340

Reaction score
Hi,
i got a carb from a friend I can't identify. It has Blake and 4406 written on top of the main body. Thought it is a HP from Holley and modifyed by Blake Carburation. But not sure and they don't respond at all. I need the carb size ( flow rating ).Can you guys help me identifying? Need also to know if Holley parts will fit.
Thank you ,

Michael

Hi buschi, to me it seems pretty modified......dont know if this is good or bad. What is the adjusting screw on top of the metering blocks? Never seen this before.

Standart holley parts should fit.

michael

Hi buschi, to me it seems pretty modified......dont know if this is good or bad. What is the adjusting screw on top of the metering blocks? Never seen this before.

Edit: just saw that the original metering blocks are still there, could be sth. Like adjust-a-jet block....
Standart holley parts should fit.

michael

don't know if i keep them.
Anyway, what i need to know is the size of the carb. 4406 stamped says nothing to me and the internet. Not even on the Blake carburation page...

measure the bores, itll get you close. compare to an 800-850 by the boosters...?

Will measure the bores and compare with butterfly sizes out of the books. Thanks... :)

The venturi diameter has more effect on CFM than does the butterfly diameter. For example, Holleys with 1 11/16" butterflys range from 660 to 780 CFM. But the venturi on the 660 are 1 1/4" & 1 5/16", while the 780's venturi are around 1 3/8" & 1 7/16"

What you have there is a Holley double pumper that someone modified. But 4406 isn't a Holley p/n. The carb p/n was typically stamped on the choke air horn. Since that's been removed... ?

so, butterflies are all four numbered 172 w/ diameter of the base plate hole ~1,68" ( 1 11/16 ). really need to measure the venturies now...

4406 must be the "new" casting of the Blake Carb Company which modifies Holleys for circle track and Strip

I believe 650, 700, 750, 800, and 950 Holley DPs had 1 11/16" throttle blades. Post up what you get when you measure the venturies.

so. took a while. I measured 1,377 so the next known diameter is 1,375 from the books.
diameter of the base plate hole ~1,68" ( 1 11/16 )

That makes it a 750cfm. correct?

Well, since 3 days i try to make that sucker running. Already trashed the adjust a jets plates. But that sucker continues to flood the engine througt the boosters. changed also the accelerator pumps to 30 in front, 50 in secondaries.

Any carb pros here? :D

Were the primary venturies the same size as the secondary venturies? If they were both 1-3/8 and the throttle bores were 1-11/16, it is a 750.

[ame]http://documents.holley.com/techlibrary_carb_numerical_listing.pdf[/ame]

If it is flooding through the boosters you have; stuck floats, heavy floats, improperly adjusted floats, dirty or bad needle & seats, bad seals (O-rings) on needle & seats, too much fuel pressure.

i got rid of the adjust a jets. changed needle&seats, found a mini hole in a float.
3 days adjustments took 20 liter fuel without driving one meter... :D

so, jets are 75 front, 76 rear. 50cc accelerator with brown cams.

This carb is only for track purposes ( car has man. Trans and a 6.1 HEMI )

what plates? The adjustable jets? guess it might be a bit expensive shipping from germany to the states

Well, i didn't install the carb yet. Waiting for a bunch of holley parts to restore it and make it usable. some threads are gone. don't want 50cc accelerator pumps so need new housings, pump arms and on and on....

what plates? The adjustable jets? guess it might be a bit expensive shipping from germany to the states

Well, i didn't install the carb yet. Waiting for a bunch of holley parts to restore it and make it usable. some threads are gone. don't want 50cc accelerator pumps so need new housings, pump arms and on and on....

What's wrong with the 50cc pumps? They'll only shoot as much fuel as the pump cams allow.

thats true. As i said. I need a carb guru here... there a so many tuning possibilities. big pump. one or two? cam choices ( most people say dont use 50cc, or if than only with the brown cam but don't want to overfeed my engine).

too much input.... confusing.

-
Back