blinker switch

-

bill detamore

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am new here. First thread. I have a 71 Scamp and the blinkers stopped blinking. I got a new blinker switch but cannot see where it goes. If i turn on the blinkers now, I get 3 or four blinks and then it stops. The blinking sound seems like it is coming from around the radio.

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks much.

Bill D

the flasher is mounted on the right side of the ashtray hanger.

Thanks very much. I could feel the blink when I took the ashtry out. I assume I need to take out the screws and push the ashtray chassis back a bit.

B

Welcome to FABO
You should be able to get to it from under the dash from the right side of the ash tray

From the inside of the ashtray hanger you might see the clip end of a fancy metal holder for the flasher module, ( early models ).
Or you might see only a pale blue plastic square ( later models ).
They deleted the clip and did something like a square peg through a rectangle hole. Rotate the flasher module 90 degrees and it will fall out.

I cant get under the dash because of factory air. The vent is right there. i think I may take out the screws for the ash tray and move it back a bit. I will look at it again but I did not see any access to it.

Thanks for the tips guys. Very kind of you.

B

Trying to send a pic of the car.

Attachments

• IMG_2564_1_1_1.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 126
You'll likely need to lower the a/c vent assembly. I often forget about that thing. I think you'll use a deep well 7/16 socket to remove nuts from 2 studs. They are up in holes under the front edge between the vents. Might be a few phillips head screws where it meets the case, under and toward the firewall.
To remove the glove box mounting screws and move it back is another option.

Not sure if it's the same as the Dart but you may have to replace the hazard blinker as well. Mine was messed up and the new signal flasher changed the problems, the hazard and signal flasher fixed all of them. The hazard flasher in mine is on the left side of the steering column you might have to check your wiring diagram.
Nice looking car BTW.

I figured out my blinker issue.

I had some work done a few weeks ago. I had electronic ignition installed. The mechanic took out the regulator thinking it was part of the old ignition. From that moment the blinkers did not work. Many dead batteries and bad words, I fixed it today. One I got the charging system working, the blinkers work fine.

Thanks very much for the help. Very nice of you all.

BD

-
Back