Block cleaning.

-
After a hot tank and jet wash, How much oil is going down the drain? Maybe a quarter teaspoon? And thank you Breadburner, they all have an oil/water separator. It's a mandatory type thing, since a lot of truckers and others powerwash their greasy grimy stuff.

I used a gallon. Filled it up enough that any more it would be coming out of the water jackets on the decks. Seems like a gal is just about right.

Awesome, thank you.

They dont like the Hot Tanks up there...???

If by "they" you mean the EPA or here, the DEEP, then yes. They don't like anything here. Most sops have a hot tank. But the chemicals you can use in the tanks or your jetwash are nothing near what they were 20 years ago. I don't know anyone that uses an oven. That doesn't mean nobody does, just nobody I've ever dealt with. The better shops I deal with use airless shot which is very effective even in the jackets. Parts come out looking new, and the vibrations through the iron really knock the rust out. I think I might use Mike's idea on a couple ring and bearing jobs I'm doing. One of them had two old core plugs still rattling around in the jackets when I tore them down. Since I'm only really working on Mopars, I can make two sets of plugs and should be set.

-
Back