blow by

-

iggys68dart

Reaction score
i am getting a lot of oil pushed back thru dipstick and breather on one of my valve covers my pcv is clean as is hose is there any way i can fix this without rebuild i am pretty sure that is what it will take but trying to make it last until vacation check as it is my primary wheels

for the Valve Covers because I had Roller Rockers, dont know if it matters I just Bought Valve Covers with Baffles and moved the PCV and Breather to the front of the car.

Breather and dipstick mean worn rings. There isnt much you can do except take it easy on it for the time being. If you want to know how bad, either do a compression test and/or a leaksown test.

make sure your pcv vacuum hose isn't collapsing on you.
Check the vacuum port on the carb also there might be a piece of gunk in it. Those are the simplest and cheapest to do.

Mines been doing that for a year now stick to local driving and you should be okay for a while ,I found out 3 hours from home last year when I lifted the hood at a show to findf oil everywhere , the fan was blowing it literally everywhere as it came up the dipstick , now it mostly smokes at lights when it runs down onto the headers from the breather lol ,not fixing it till she blows up real good ,unless I can figure out how to ship in a stroker from the guys at IMM

-
Back