Blow proof bells

-
I feel like I started an argument here.......All I can say is COLD **** HIM and get it OVER WITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!................haaaaaaaaaaaa just messin!

One of the reasons I got my Aluminum Flywheel is my buddy took me for a ride in his. I tell you what on the street your car will stop quite a bit faster for sure! It also winds up a bit quicker! I figure if someone can learn from my screw ups then it is worth it.............:cheers:

I feel like I started an argument here.......All I can say is COLD **** HIM and get it OVER WITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!................haaaaaaaaaaaa just messin!

One of the reasons I got my Aluminum Flywheel is my buddy took me for a ride in his. I tell you what on the street your car will stop quite a bit faster for sure! It also winds up a bit quicker! I figure if someone can learn from my screw ups then it is worth it.............:cheers:

hey mad, no arguing here8) just stating my opinion for highway star so he can make the best choice for himself thats all

Sorry to steer this away from the flywheel discussion...but here's an old post of mine with the Quicktime Bell: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=60549

pm sent about that issue! oh and mad, i really hope you dont have the same problem as us, because its a giant pissoff...i wasnt aware that other guys had this problem too (like that in the link) and i will now say i have second thoughts recommending the quicktime (unless fitment is tight like in an early a)..i thought it was specific to mine since i have a clearance bell that is not sfi approved- Ross said no one else had this problem, but i guess he was wrong

pm sent about that issue! oh and mad, i really hope you dont have the same problem as us, because its a giant pissoff...i wasnt aware that other guys had this problem too (like that in the link) and i will now say i have second thoughts recommending the quicktime (unless fitment is tight like in an early a)..i thought it was specific to mine since i have a clearance bell that is not sfi approved- Ross said no one else had this problem, but i guess he was wrong

The only issue with mine is the Z Bar pivot Bracket.......I was going to fab one up like DEMON 408 shows in his post........if I waited a week and it dont fix the problem I am going to be pissed at myself for not just making the bracket myself.

The only issue with mine is the Z Bar pivot Bracket.......I was going to fab one up like DEMON 408 shows in his post........if I waited a week and it dont fix the problem I am going to be pissed at myself for not just making the bracket myself.

thats the bracket im talking about as well...is it that the bracket is incorrect for your application, or that the bracket itself flexes on the starter ear and binds up the linkage? if its the latter, its the same problem im having with my conversion bell (t5/tko to small block)...Ross sent me a new midplate, and a new bracket to no avail in improvement...was thinking im going to have to make a reinforcement or my own bracket all together

thats the bracket im talking about as well...is it that the bracket is incorrect for your application, or that the bracket itself flexes on the starter ear and binds up the linkage? if its the latter, its the same problem im having with my conversion bell (t5/tko to small block)...Ross sent me a new midplate, and a new bracket to no avail in improvement...was thinking im going to have to make a reinforcement or my own bracket all together

It is the first scenario not the latter one......the zbar is too close to the front of the engine by about 1.5" and will not allow any clutch adjustment, it is an easy fix for me but I figured I paid for the correct parts and that is why I am waiting for them. I hope the wait is worth it. I can make another one in about an hour but then I need to wait for the paint to dry.......what a PITA. haaaa

It is the first scenario not the latter one......the zbar is too close to the front of the engine by about 1.5" and will not allow any clutch adjustment, it is an easy fix for me but I figured I paid for the correct parts and that is why I am waiting for them. I hope the wait is worth it. I can make another one in about an hour but then I need to wait for the paint to dry.......what a PITA. haaaa

nevermind then...paint drying a PITA? with that big *** shop you have and california weather that should be last thing your worried about LOL

:cheers:
Sorry to steer this away from the flywheel discussion...but here's an old post of mine with the Quicktime Bell: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=60549

Thanks demon 408. I can see where a pronblem can evolve, I may be able to clear better. I have a set of old 1 7/8 J.R.C. headers and 2 tubes go over the torsion bar on the D.S. This gives me a little more room around the Z-bar. At least I hope, I will keep your info and get back to you when I start this project.

Good stuff man.

Thanks again.

The Quick Time bell needs a little modifying to keep the clutch linkage from binding. I had to weld a 3inch by 2inch angle 1inch wide by 1/4inch thick from the starter ear back past the hole for the starter snout and make a new bracket with one more bolt hole above the starter and one below to keep the starter ear from flexing. I told Ross about this too, Ross told me also that nobody else had this problem. ( I think some one is not lissening to any one )

The Quick Time bell needs a little modifying to keep the clutch linkage from binding. I had to weld a 3inch by 2inch angle 1inch wide by 1/4inch thick from the starter ear back past the hole for the starter snout and make a new bracket with one more bolt hole above the starter and one below to keep the starter ear from flexing. I told Ross about this too, Ross told me also that nobody else had this problem. ( I think some one is not lissening to any one )

I am curious as to what kind of clutch you are running? Seems to me that you have some serious pressure there! I guess when the new bracket comes tomorrow by UPS I will be modifying it or making a new one with some gussets!

I am curious as to what kind of clutch you are running? Seems to me that you have some serious pressure there! I guess when the new bracket comes tomorrow by UPS I will be modifying it or making a new one with some gussets!

Keep me posted Mad dart, If this bracket he is sending you is gonna work or not. Appreciate it.
T.J.

well mad, thats the same problem im having, and im running a diaphram clutch thats supposed to only be a little stiffer than a stock clutch and i also have the overcenter spring removed (its just extra to push through thats not needed with a diaphram style pressure plate)...Ross sent me a new bracket with one extra hole under the starter- helped a little but not enough...kinda sucks that he's heard it from more than one person now and hasnt dont anything about it...makes me tempted to call him and ask him to make one...im thinking i just might try it actually

mad, i hope you dont have the same problem

well mad, thats the same problem im having, and im running a diaphram clutch thats supposed to only be a little stiffer than a stock clutch and i also have the overcenter spring removed (its just extra to push through thats not needed with a diaphram style pressure plate)...Ross sent me a new bracket with one extra hole under the starter- helped a little but not enough...kinda sucks that he's heard it from more than one person now and hasnt dont anything about it...makes me tempted to call him and ask him to make one...im thinking i just might try it actually

mad, i hope you dont have the same problem

I emailed him last night, told him I am interested in one and if he has fixed the current problem with them. I also told him about how many different people have had problems. Is there any way someone could e-mail him this whole thread, so he gets the point there is more than one person having a problem? i don't know how or I would do it. i will let everyone know what he emails me back.

Thanks,

I emailed him last night, told him I am interested in one and if he has fixed the current problem with them. I also told him about how many different people have had problems. Is there any way someone could e-mail him this whole thread, so he gets the point there is more than one person having a problem? i don't know how or I would do it. i will let everyone know what he emails me back.

Thanks,

hey man,
your idea sounds great! all you have to do is copy the link for this thread from the address bar and paste on the email you send to him...Actually all this bellhousing talk i went out to the garage last night and tried the midplate he sent me (alot of work to swap it out, but heck i was anxious) and it didnt fix the problem still (its the midplate from the sfi bells since mine is not sfi approved, but if the sfi guys are having the same problem i kinda figured it wouldnt really help)...Ross is a great guy and he has been really good about the whole thing so far with me, so if he really wants to make things right with everyone i would think he would make a peice to correct this problem...T.J. i say you email him the link and ill send him an email as well, that way atleast he gets the picture something needs to be done since its happened to more than one of us now...to make a peice myself is just more money and time that i dont have when this bellhousing is supposed to work with the factory z bar without problems (and im not even sure i have the capabilities to make a peice, and others may not either)...let us know how it goes and ill try it too

Matthew

well i sent Ross an email pointing him in this direction...hopefully he sees the problem were having and can come up with something to fix it for us and for any future customers of the quicktime stuff...its really a great product compared to the other stuff so lets hope he can come up with something to remedy the issue for us z-bar guys

Ok, the brackets that Ross sent did not work. I made my own this afternoon.
Rock Solid out of 1/4 inch plate steel and part of the bracket that I had. Took me about an hour to make it and install it in the car.

i have a quick time in a box,,its the first one out of the mold i was tol dwhen he converted from bell housing to full fledged scatter shields,,,the tremec project is on the back burner at the moment,,, so i have no clue as to any flexing problems,, any pics of this area or made brackets to correc it would be a great help,,i currently use an ansen scatter shield,,,made back in the day to fit the early A cars,, but hard to find these days,,,also now that MC cloed now has a new 5 speed if its every thing its cracked up to be i may not need the quick time but ide still like to know ,,just in case i ever do use it,,,,thanks

Ok, the brackets that Ross sent did not work. I made my own this afternoon.
Rock Solid out of 1/4 inch plate steel and part of the bracket that I had. Took me about an hour to make it and install it in the car.

hey mad would you happen to have a pic of the bracket you made before you installed it? or even an install picture? talked to Ross and it looks like im going to have to make my own since he said he'll send me the starter pocket cover and it will cure the deflection, but im not so sure about that so id like to see in case i have to make my own too (starting to think im going to have too)

hey mad would you happen to have a pic of the bracket you made before you installed it? or even an install picture? talked to Ross and it looks like im going to have to make my own since he said he'll send me the starter pocket cover and it will cure the deflection, but im not so sure about that so id like to see in case i have to make my own too (starting to think im going to have too)
I got my e-mail back from Ross, His only comment was "you should not have any flex on our new Bells".
Oh well!!

I tried to copy and paste and send this thread to him but was unsucessful and wasted 2 hours trying. lol

I will post pictures tomorrow. Got in a hurry and didnt snap any. I also was going to pre install it in the car and then paint it. I said screw it and just installed it. I will pop it off in a few days and paint it. I was getting excited about the test run with new engine etc tomorrow......Couldnt have some silly paint stop me,haaaaaaaaaaaa!

It will be a piece of cake to make one but Ross should come up with the correct part for his kits. Shoot it only took me an hour or so, and believe me I am not that smart!! Come on Ross......

I got my e-mail back from Ross, His only comment was "you should not have any flex on our new Bells".
Oh well!!

I tried to copy and paste and send this thread to him but was unsucessful and wasted 2 hours trying. lol

yea i got an email back from Ross saying pretty much the same thing. He says they have no more problems with deflection since july because they have been welding the starter pocket cover to the bells and offered to send me a weldable one or send my bell back to have them do it (both are really huge hassle considering its all in the car and ready to go) but i think im going to take him up on the offer for the weldable cover anyways. He said they have been doing this since july, but when i called him about the original problem it was august and he never mentioned this weldable cover which is kinda weird, but we'll see how it goes i guess. I also sent him a link to the thread, so he has read it, but he told me that its not an issue anymore? guess we wouldnt have really known unless madart had the proper bracket included to see if it still is a problem on the new ones

I will post pictures tomorrow. Got in a hurry and didnt snap any. I also was going to pre install it in the car and then paint it. I said screw it and just installed it. I will pop it off in a few days and paint it. I was getting excited about the test run with new engine etc tomorrow......Couldnt have some silly paint stop me,haaaaaaaaaaaa!

It will be a piece of cake to make one but Ross should come up with the correct part for his kits. Shoot it only took me an hour or so, and believe me I am not that smart!! Come on Ross......

Hey Mad, i dont blame you for wanting to get er together and take her for a rip (this deflection is actually one of the things that prevented me from taking mine for a spin before the snow came). No rush on putting the pic up, whenever you get a chance man, id just like to see how you did it so i have everyone's input on it...by the way, i think you stated this earlier in the thread, but does your bell have a welded on starter nose cover?

-
Back