Blowing by a cop at 85.......

-

MVRCorp

Reaction score
So I get deployed to work the storm and I'm driving on Interstate 64 with the cruise control set on 85 (speed limit is 65). I'm in the left lane with a clear road in front of me. This is a section that is four lanes wide. I started coming up on area where the right lanes are a little congested and I noticed a North Carolina State Trooper in the far right lane about 45° to my right. Well there is absolutely no time to slam on the brakes to slow down but fortunately on the side of my van in big letters it says the name of the insurance company I'm working for and underneath it it says National Catastrophe Team. Well about that time the cop looks straight at me, points his finger straight in the air and waves me on to keep going. With a sigh of relief I watched him fade away in my rearview mirror. I think I'll keep these magnetic signs on my vehicle all year round.

I blew by one yesterday doing just under 90 in my RAM...

Fortunately I was in a 85 MPH Zone :D:D:D

I blew by one yesterday doing just under 90 in my RAM...

Fortunately I was in a 85 MPH Zone :D:D:D

Well your on that new section of highway. Watch out for the pigs (the real ones ).

I blew by a DPS (Cop) doing 80 in a 55 not to long ago.
He asked what kind of car it was and what kind of gas mileage it got.
I told him about 18 except for that last half mile. :)

I got a zero points $35 ticket for wasting finite resources.

I highly recommend you do not do that in N Idaho.

Huh? 'wasting finite resources' Wth is that? I've never heard of a ticket for such a thing. :wack:
Dallas

From what I hear they have some interesting laws like that down in Arizona. My brother in law lived down there for a few years and he was telling me about one that was called a "Stupid Motorist" law. If you drive around a barricade into a flooded area and have to be rescued then you will be fined up to $2,000 to help cover rescue costs, but can be fined up to $50,000 for the complete rescue costs depending on the situation.

Last time I blew bye a California Highway Patrol doing 85 he gave me a ticket. I was on my way to the speedway for a couple test and tune runs in the 68 Dart. Months later after delaying the ticket and asking for a trial by written declaration. The ticket was dismissed by the court. I guess the officer didn't respond in his time limit to my written declaration. It was nice getting that bail amount back. :D

-
Back