blowing fuses

-

scamp1973

Reaction score
Everytime I turn my headlights on,the fuse that runs the dashboard lights and parking lights,horn,buzzer pops,but it only pops when i turn up the dimmer,when the dimmer is down its fine,i've already changed the headlight switch,and unplugged the dashlights and it still happens,can somebody help me!!!!!!

theres a bulb socket that gets pushed into the heater defroster switch from the backside,check that,if the bulb is missing from that socket the wire can come out and cause a dead short to ground,this is a wild guess but do check it! let us know how it goes.

ive never noticed a light behind the heater control,if its there,it hasn't worked since ive bought the car back in 96,but ill definetly look into it,thanks for the info!!!

i dont have any light sockets that i can see behind my heater switch,i unplugged the round gauge connector in the cluster,and i still blow fuses,it seems to have something to do with the turning of the dimmer,as soon as i turn it all the way up,the fuse pops,the gauge lights do not respond to the dimmer as they should,they're either off or on,i've read that ther're is a way to bypass the dimmer,but i can't find how to do it.i've also unplugged the horn and buzzers

i dont have any light sockets that i can see behind my heater switch,i unplugged the round gauge connector in the cluster,and i still blow fuses,it seems to have something to do with the turning of the dimmer,as soon as i turn it all the way up,the fuse pops,the gauge lights do not respond to the dimmer as they should,they're either off or on,i've read that ther're is a way to bypass the dimmer,but i can't find how to do it.i've also unplugged the horn and buzzers

At the extreme high end of turning the dimmer is the dome light, along with any other interior lights you my have. Betcha thats the problem.

-
Back