Blowing Parklight/ Dash light Fuse

-

green440duster

Reaction score
Need Help here is the scene:

Everything worked up to a day ago except for the turn indicator (in dash) for the passenger side. When I went to install the console the light for the console was 3in short so put extention piece in and then replaced peanut light for turn indicator. Then started car put on headlights, no parklights and no dash lights; checked fuse burned out. Thought it might be console light ground out, took light back out and it was not it. Fuse blew as soon as the switch turned on. Next options is going to be peanut bulb, and then switch any thoughts ??? I am not a wiring expert but I know burning 20 Amp fuses in a sec means serious short!! Could the peanut bulb do this or the switch. Worked before that is what is throwing me!!

Check the sockets of the bulbs. Had a Duster that the plastic separating the two contacts inside a socket had melted and caused them to connect. Everytime I pressed the brake pedal, the fuse blew.

Grant

ARGH!!! I went checked the bulbs and checked underdash for obvious signs the only thing I found was a park light bulb siezed into the socket removed and replaced with new one. Now the fuse is not blowing but I still have now parklights/dash lights, checked voltage at the fuse 0 V until I pull the switch then I am getting 12 V but no lights. Is this an open circuit???? Should I be looking for broken wires? Bad Grounds? I am lost and got less than a week before the Nationals. PLS HELP!!!

-
Back