blue print for a turbo /6

-

srixon4406

TURBO TOAD
Reaction score
Ok for all the induction guys out there I need some help I would like all of u to give me a blue print on building a /6 that has around 550 HP if possible I would like parts # and machine info to beable to make a build like this reality

It will be going into a 62 valiant 833 4 speed with a 4.57 8.75 with super stock spring
Thanks fabo Aaron

the boost guys will help u on the boost side of it but u really need to talk to charrlie_s and Bill Deadman on here.

a must are K1 rods and weisco pistons, factory forged crank...

the boost guys will help u on the boost side of it but u really need to talk to charrlie_s and Bill Deadman on here.

a must are K1 rods and weisco pistons, factory forged crank...

Thanks for the kind words, but I am in NO WAY experienced enough to give ANYONE advice on /6 engines.

Talk to Shaker223, or Charrlie, or Ryan.... I'm not the guy!!!:angry7:

Bill

My build is pretty darn close to Ryan's. We are both still tweaking. Make sure you have a good flowing head and a turbo fit for the application. We both keep RPMs under 5,500. These engines love boost and make a lot of power down low. For a cam, keep LSA around 114-116. Duration @.050" between 220-230 and what ever lift you can fit. Forged pistons are only needed for higher boost apps however the stock piston will last with the right tune & same for the rods. I punished the stock engine for several seasons before a failure.

I built my engine to handle 30psi and I'm around 23-24psi right now. I have room to turn it up.

Is there any truth to what I've been reading about adding a roller cam and 440 roller lifters. Also I got a set of MP double springs for a BB and a set of BB roller rock arms will these fit
They only reason I ask is because I hear 340 springs will work and I have these parts collecting dust and if I can use them id Like to
Thanks Aaron

Is there any truth to what I've been reading about adding a roller cam and 440 roller lifters. Also I got a set of MP double springs for a BB and a set of BB roller rock arms will these fit
They only reason I ask is because I hear 340 springs will work and I have these parts collecting dust and if I can use them id Like to
Thanks Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by 805moparkid
as for roller cams Schneider ma in S.D., CAkes them and 440 rollers lifters drop in!

I called Schneider today and asked about roller cams for the slant six.

He told me what everyone else tells me: "NOBODY makes a blank for a roller tappet /6 cam." He also said that since he doesn't know how far apart the lifter bores are, he has NO IDEA whether 440 roller lifters would work.

So much for the roller idea....:angry7:

Thanks Bill for the info so with some major porting of the head and gasket match porting add some bigger valves and some stronger springs and a nice bump stick and go thru the lower end of the motor and of course a turbo and some good tuning I should be off and running

What's a good rated turbo for the /6???????? I'm looking at a t3/t4 hybrid what's everybody opinion on this style of turbo?
They say the spool up around 3800 rpm and rate them around 450 HP are these number in the range I'm looking for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 805moparkid
as for roller cams Schneider ma in S.D., CAkes them and 440 rollers lifters drop in!

I called Schneider today and asked about roller cams for the slant six.

He told me what everyone else tells me: "NOBODY makes a blank for a roller tappet /6 cam." He also said that since he doesn't know how far apart the lifter bores are, he has NO IDEA whether 440 roller lifters would work.

So much for the roller idea....:angry7:

hmmm... darn...

Mr Dedman pm sent

I am having trouble sending pictures via email that are in my Picasa program.

Individual pictures that are the only thing showing for that folder, I just click on and they go directly to my e-mail attachment section and go out with that email. But some of these folders have multiple pictures and when I click on those pictures, instead of going to my e-mail "attachments" where they would wait to be sent along with the e-mail, they OPEN UP.... and don't go the the email at all. All my header pix are in a folder like that. I don't know what to do.

HELP!!!

I think you may want to rethink your gear choice. SOmething like a 3.23 or 2.94.

I assume that comment/suggestion was made for me, since I have a 3.55 in there, now.

I am running that gear because I don't have access to a 1/4-mile strip; they're all 1,000-foot, or 1/8th mile, here in Arkansas.

That will cut my finish-line rpm down about 10 mph, compared with a 1/4-mile strip. The 3.55 will regain that rpm.... (to just over 5,000).

At least, that's my thinking.

Thanks for your interest!8)

Not you Bill, you have a good set up for what you are running. The OP states in his original post he will be running 4.57's which is way to much gear.

Bill u could always copy the photo and paste outside the folders and try to attach form there my wide says she has the same problem sometimes with our computer doing the same thing and she has to click attach a second time to upload through her email we use yahoo and she said that the attach is down on the bottom of the email page
Thanks Aaron

Grinder i think you may be right but when i got my 8 3/4 i also got a set of super stock springs with a caltrac setup and drag shocks and that was the gear in the pig but all the research ive been doing and why i think the other guys running turbos gear choice is so low is they may have a problem getting loose when the boost kicks in so i may try 3.55 for the low end off the tree and if i can get my car to hook up via the caltrac and a nice size slick when the boost kicks in i maybe able to run a higher gear i dont no thou will see!!
Thanks Aaron

Bill u could always copy the photo and paste outside the folders and try to attach form there my wide says she has the same problem sometimes with our computer doing the same thing and she has to click attach a second time to upload through her email we use yahoo and she said that the attach is down on the bottom of the email page
Thanks Aaron

I'm still workin' on it, and will try what you suggested. No promises, though...

BTW, Gerry at the G-Pop Shop looked at this header and made 2 suggestions:

The bung for the O-2 sensor needs to be moved OFF the header to the downstream side of the turbo (to the down-pipe) and the wastegate needs to go where the O-2 bung was , in the middle, just before the flange. The way it is, it can only exhaust 3 cylinders.... DUH!!! Thanks, Gerry!!!

Grinder i think you may be right but when i got my 8 3/4 i also got a set of super stock springs with a caltrac setup and drag shocks and that was the gear in the pig but all the research ive been doing and why i think the other guys running turbos gear choice is so low is they may have a problem getting loose when the boost kicks in so i may try 3.55 for the low end off the tree and if i can get my car to hook up via the caltrac and a nice size slick when the boost kicks in i maybe able to run a higher gear i dont no thou will see!!
Thanks Aaron

The main thing is spinning the 6 up that high. You dont want to go over 6000 rpm when going through the traps. Especially when you are pushing 20+ lbs of boost. The 225 likes to 'losen up' above 6 k. I think with your set up the 3.55 or 3.23 would be a good choice.

thanks grinder this is my first slant build and first turbo application so I trying to learn all I can
Aaron

-
Back