BMW purist....don't look

-
That's cool, though i prefer the 6cyl. The "e" motors are junk, but an I motor w/ a turbo is a mean little car.

If i could've fit in one, i was gonna buy an e car, junk the motor and drop in the big 3.5 6cyl from the later E34. Those make huge power w/ a turbo.

I'll see your E30 and raise you a E36, my little toy now sporting 318 cubic inches:

Had to bring the collector forward on the drivers side to clear the steering but they only go that way for a little bit:

The header on the other side just dumps in the middle like normal.

They actually have a good sized engine bay, which makes them pretty popular for V8 engine swaps, but usually more modern GM and Ford units are used. I couldnt resist the idea of putting a 318 in a 318.

Required very little in the way of tunnel mods, mainly because I didn't want to chop bits of the relatively rare aussie 4 speed bell housing. Off the shelf rear sump truck oil pan and pickup required and not much else.

I swear. Them Aussies are badass. They can put anything in anything. lol

I'll see your E30 and raise you a E36, my little toy now sporting 318 cubic inches:

Too funny!! I was reading your thread on a BMW forum just yesterday. No idea you were on here, as well.

Always liked BMW's but not excited about the cost of maintainence, always wondered if a swap like this would make the car a reasonably priced driver. Probably not, though.

Yeah, can't get it registered over here either, it's just a low budget track toy.

It's funny that the BMW guys don't seem to get too upset by engine swaps, that particular forum has a whole section devoted to them, not like if you can on here and wanted to put a Chev in your Mopar.

Bad440: yeah we could never get it registered...not here unless it was a 1600 or 2002 bmw and that takes away the reason for the swap anyway....
Yeah,I know. Miss my smog license.

Yeah, can't get it registered over here either, it's just a low budget track toy.

It's funny that the BMW guys don't seem to get too upset by engine swaps, that particular forum has a whole section devoted to them, not like if you can on here and wanted to put a Chev in your Mopar.

Depending on what year it is, you can fit an older engine to a newer car...it must run on LPG only.
Years ago, i fitted a chevy 307 to a Toyota Surf....rules were it had to be run on LPG.

yeah we could never get it registered...not here unless it was a 1600 or 2002 bmw and that takes away the reason for the swap anyway....

I don't think you could even fit one in a 1600/2002. A newer bmw 6cyl is a tight squeeze into those cars.

If mopar had put the magnum into a car, in theory you could've made it legal, but fitment would be a whole new topic with the beer keg intake.

If it was here in Oklahoma no problem to register and tag it.

I don't think you could even fit one in a 1600/2002. A newer bmw 6cyl is a tight squeeze into those cars.

If mopar had put the magnum into a car, in theory you could've made it legal, but fitment would be a whole new topic with the beer keg intake.
my freinds got one.you could get a 50 engine in there but an a too much creative cutting....

I should say mine was never intended to be registered so it's very low tech, I've pulled out pretty much everything fancy that BMW put in there, not just the engine. I find it funny that what was once a +$50K car in this country is now cheaper and easier to find than a rust free Valiant.

There's a guy around here with an old 320i...he has a fire-breathing Chevy 383 and a T56 in it, running a full ACCEL SupeRam EFI setup and damn near 500HP.

His plate is "M3KILR". :D Aside from that, the later 3-series wheels, big front brakes, and the exhaust pipes, it looks stock down to working (factory) A/C.

Here is a bit of in-car action from my Beemer last weekend, sounds so much better than anything the Germans ever put under the hood:

[ame]http://youtu.be/WgFz5UMdLQU[/ame]

A friend of mine dropped a 318/727 into a BMW-2002 back in the back in the 80's. it was pretty radical at the time.

-
Back