BMW recycling....

-
This video makes me happy.
I think all BMW's should be recycled after 7yrs regardless of mileage or condition.
Mercedes too..

Have never seen a recycler so clean. Also a lot of parts that could of been resold was destroyed. Does the Gov there dictate what can be resold?

Kind of a waste if you ask me...... you may not like BMWs or imports.....but come on, those cars appear perfect. No scratches. No dents. No leaking grease or oil. No dirt on the undercarriage. No wear in the interiors.....spotless clean. More likely they are the equivelant of pilot cars that are brand new and cannot be sold to the public. Everyone of those cars being destroyed is a waste and the opposite of recycling.... IMO

The German auto companies are cooperating with their government about producing are that are designed to be recycled. Not a bad idea but there have been a few issues such as the bio-degradable wiring harness that was breaking down ahead of schedule.

WOW, had an old ford truck with that biodegradable wiring...ahead of its time.:lol:

That video is of BMW pre-production test cars being recycled at the BMW Group's Recycling and Dismantling Centre (RDC). BMW has a dedicated facility to responsibly recycle these cars (in cooperation with the German government) so that these cars don't just wind up in a landfill as is.

Funny thing is that in Europe, BMW is like saying "Chevy". Those cars only cost a lot of $$ over here. Kinda like Chryslers in Australia. A Chrysler 300 C down there is over $100k and is considered a high $$ luxury car on par with a BMW 750 or Mercedes 550 here.

It's all a matter of perspective and trade tariffs that creates the perceptions of what is a desirable high $$ luxury car in every part of the World.

Any more questions why europe is going through so much crap now? Disposing of items well before the time is up on them.....

-
Back