Body filler

-
I just used some new (to me, anyway) stuff. I think it is made by Bond-o, but it is lightweight gold filler. Went on very smooth, good for thin coats. I couldn't believe how light it was, felt like 1/2 the weight of the old gray stuff I always used. A friend of mine (who is a body man) suggested putting a few drops of fiberglass resin in the stuff and mix it up with the hardner. I didn't get to try it, but I will on the next project. Anybody ever done that? How'd it work?

Like I said before, Evercoat. Go to there web page and pick your poison. They must have 15-20 variations of fillers. I use the Lite Weight, Metal to Metal and Glaze coat.

I just used some new (to me, anyway) stuff. I think it is made by Bond-o, but it is lightweight gold filler. Went on very smooth, good for thin coats. I couldn't believe how light it was, felt like 1/2 the weight of the old gray stuff I always used. A friend of mine (who is a body man) suggested putting a few drops of fiberglass resin in the stuff and mix it up with the hardner. I didn't get to try it, but I will on the next project. Anybody ever done that? How'd it work?

I agree, its been out for some time now, I always use it as my "top coat" of body fille as it is very light and "frothy" ,spreads easy,sands easy,blends out easy and holds up VERY well and you can find it at most autoparts/paint stores.

I believe its called bondo gold and is in a black and gold can with cursive lettering or something and the bondo itself is almost khaki tan in color......good stuff

You get what you pay for using "Bondo". That crap will shrink and show! Your best option is the Evercoat Metal/Final glaze. It will blend with the featheredge with no issues. Its in a white squeeze bottle with green label. I would have to go out to the shop and get the number. All auto paint supply stores carry it. Its around $26 a bottle but I have never had a recheck from it in 10 years of using it in the production side. This coming from a Master CRRT Tech. Should not fill more than 3/32nds. If you have to use filler use only the "Rage" by Evercoat, its in the pink can. A good tip is to add 1-2 ozs of fiberglass resin to a pancake size amount of Rage. Take the time to pull dents. Well worth the time and effort. I am not much on a stud gun, I prefer my Eagle II machine.

You get what you pay for using "Bondo". That crap will shrink and show! Your best option is the Evercoat Metal/Final glaze. It will blend with the featheredge with no issues. Its in a white squeeze bottle with green label. I would have to go out to the shop and get the number. All auto paint supply stores carry it. Its around $26 a bottle but I have never had a recheck from it in 10 years of using it in the production side. This coming from a Master CRRT Tech. Should not fill more than 3/32nds. Take the time to pull dents. Well worth the time and effort. I am not much on a stud gun, I prefer my Eagle II machine.

Yeah thats what I needed it for. I dont have any dents that ive found yet. But I will have some welds I need to smooth over.

Yep,Evercoat all the way .Ive used Bondo Gold a couple of times and is alot easier to sand than the gray Bondo(which is like sanding concrete)Theres also stuff called "Honey" that you can mix in the body filler to make it easier to spread and sand.And using the right amount of hardener helps too.

25 years in the bodyshop evercoat rage is the best i have ever used no pin holes easy to use and sands easy and you can mix it with the evercoat metal to metal finishing glaze too if you want to thin it out a little . and when your done your done Prime it and go .

I've been using Evercoat Rage Gold for years, and it's been a great product, but I have recently switched to 3M. I know what you guys are saying, 3M has never had a good filler, but I tell you what fella's This filler is the ****!

3M Platinum

I've been using Evercoat Rage Gold for years, and it's been a great product, but I have recently switched to 3M. I know what you guys are saying, 3M has never had a good filler, but I tell you what fella's This filler is the ****!

3M Platinum

Does NAPA carry this 3M filler?? NAPA is the only paint supply store around my area... How much does a can cost??

Ive got a jug of evercoat glass-lite and evercoat glazing putty...both are barely used as I got the body work done professionaly. Will have to be shipped ground but I can sell em to ya cheap.

Does NAPA carry this 3M filler?? NAPA is the only paint supply store around my area... How much does a can cost??

I don't know if NAPA carries it? We get it through are jobber. Don't know what the cost is either? Sorry I don't have much info for ya hornet, but it's good stuff!

Evercoat is pretty good stuff but I've found that this subject is like talking about what brand of oil is best. We use Evercoat Lighweight body filler in our shop. It sands nice and the cost is affordable. Don't forget to finish your repair with some polyester finish putty....lol

-
Back