Body Fillers

-

carcarzey

Reaction score
I just put new rear quaters from AMD on my 70 swinger. Now it is time to decide what filler I should use to fill in the area from the quater fender to the roof. Some people say short strand kitty hair from evercoat is good or metal to matal from evercoat or USC. Any suggestions. Thanks Ken

I think the fiberglass filler that has the ground up fiberglass. (duroglass??)
This is the stuff that my bud uses at his body shop on the resto projects
(he does a lot of mopars too). Its not the stuff with the "strands" in it. It's got the ground up fiberglass. {wish my memory was working better}

Personally, I like Duraglas for heavy filler. Or, depending on the application I've used Duraglas and Kitty Hair mixed together. That's been my personal experience. I've never had too much luck with Metal to Metal and gave up on it. But again, that's my personal experience.

I always use Duraglass then top it off with regular filler for the final finish. Just don't put it on and let it set for a few days before sanding... it gets HARD!!

I use the Evercoat Metal-2-Metal for anything that will be filling a gap or be thicker than 60 thousands. It's just as strong as the fiberglass filled filler, is easier to work with and is water proof unlike regular filler or the glass filled stuff.

MAR-GLASS no shrinkage and very durable. They make a real nice non shrinking glazing putty as well (for the pin holes).

I just put new rear quaters from AMD on my 70 swinger. Now it is time to decide what filler I should use to fill in the area from the quater fender to the roof. Some people say short strand kitty hair from evercoat is good or metal to matal from evercoat or USC. Any suggestions. Thanks Ken

Don't mean to hi-jack, but hopefully a good question to ask so every one can see for future reference. Just wondering if the quarters were pretty good quality and if they fit pretty good. Thanks, Keith.

Don't mean to hi-jack, but hopefully a good question to ask so every one can see for future reference. Just wondering if the quarters were pretty good quality and if they fit pretty good. Thanks, Keith.
I bought my rear quarters from Autobody Specialties which are AMD. It was cheaper from autobody then AMD. The AMD quarters where about a 8 out of 10. The curve by the door jam was out a little,but nothing like a little blocking would fix. The metal itself was a nice heavy gauge.

I use the Evercoat Metal-2-Metal for anything that will be filling a gap or be thicker than 60 thousands. It's just as strong as the fiberglass filled filler, is easier to work with and is water proof unlike regular filler or the glass filled stuff.

Evercoat Metal-2-Metal, is what I use also.

I've used both types with good success. I think it depends on personal preference. If you haven't used metal-to-metal it might take a mix or 2 to get the feel of the correct filler/hardner mixture since the hardner is liquid.
Dallas.

to tag on to this one..whats a good compatible rust proofer or sealer that is compatible with most paints these days?

-
Back