body seams ?

-

2 fast z28

Reaction score
hay guys i got a question about what i should use on my 76 dart where the factory seamed the quater and roof together to me it looks like they use some kind of body filler but not sure thats what i was thinking of using but is there somthing else i should use instead of body filler let me know thanks

They used lead at the factory, it tends to crack after time and possibly have rust under it. I have taken a small torch and heated it to re flow it and scrap it all out. Then you can finish with a fiber reinforced filler like duraglass then finish with a body filler.

They used lead on non-vinyl roof cars and some type of body filler on vinyl top cars.
As 67Dart440GT said, use fiber reinforced filler first, the finish with regular filler.
Dallas

thanks much guys yeah i do see a little of the lead by the window and the rest of it was filler and it was a vinyl top car thanks again

thanks much guys yeah i do see a little of the lead by the window and the rest of it was filler and it was a vinyl top car thanks again

Make sure to remove old filler and clean very well before refilling.
John.

All metal works well. I used a fiberglass filler on my last car, It had very fine strands though not the big strands.

-
Back