Bogus "Adobe Flash" message

-

mvh

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Lately, when I try to use the Conversation feature, I get interrupted by a pop-up that claims "Flash Player may be out of date". I am pretty sure that this is a bogus message, because 1) incomplete capitalization in the header ("Software update" — no capital "U"), and 2) because it links not to Adobe Flash Download, but to something called "restorefreehighlyproduct.icu", which is about as bogus-sounding a name as I have ever seen (see image). I am only getting this message on the A-Body Forum. I think the administrator needs to check for malware, as I do not believe the site even uses Flash (I have it disabled in my browser). Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 2.12.43 PM.png

Install a pop-up blocker for your own device protection.

Yeah, something is going on with this site. I am FBBO as well and it loads 5 times as fast, this one gives me the "wheel of death" for like 5 minutes.

Lately, when I try to use the Conversation feature, I get interrupted by a pop-up that claims "Flash Player may be out of date". I am pretty sure that this is a bogus message, because 1) incomplete capitalization in the header ("Software update" — no capital "U"), and 2) because it links not to Adobe Flash Download, but to something called "restorefreehighlyproduct.icu", which is about as bogus-sounding a name as I have ever seen (see image). I am only getting this message on the A-Body Forum. I think the administrator needs to check for malware, as I do not believe the site even uses Flash (I have it disabled in my browser). Thanks.

View attachment 1715447235

My crap must have picked it up , been having trouble for about 7-8 days ! Mostly on here and the b body forum.

No problem here. Flash is dead. Chrome runs its own version....IIRC flash only shows itself when you try and edit a post, with no flash enabled it does some weird stuff. I've got that same BS message for years elsewhere.

I'm having the same problem with this site only. Flash is usually disabled but even when enabled for this website only it's constantly redirecting me to a flash download page. Pop-up blockers are all enabled. I use safari as well.

I'm having the same problem with this site only. Flash is usually disabled but even when enabled for this website only it's constantly redirecting me to a flash download page. Pop-up blockers are all enabled. I use safari as well.

did you install the malware cleaner I mentioned a few posts above?

I get that plus lots of other outdate warnings. It's so bad that I have to shut my computer off and restart it. It will continue to do it as long as I'm on here. I do not get it on any of the other forums that I get on. I just had my computer in the shop and they updated everything. I called them about this problem and they said it was in you site. Something is wrong!

Mine always starts when I click on the Alert to check posts. If I click on that it instantly goes to **** mode!

-
Back