bolt hole through access

-

Abodysrule

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm planning my SL6 to 360 magnum swap this year. The SL6 has a few bolts that either go into the oil galley or water jacket, e.g. some of the manifold studs go into the water jacket, one of the alternator bracket bolts goes into the oil galley, one of the water pump bolts as well. These need to be sealed well, as you would imagine.

My question is, are there similar bolt scenarios with the 360 magnum? It's been a long time, like 40 years, since I've worked on a small block LA...my memory isn't what it used to be.

Brian

Does the 360 magnum not have such quirks or is it the same as the LA casting? Anyone?

4 of the water pump bolts go into water. They are the ones at the widest point on the pump/timing cover. 2 of the lower timing cover bolts go into water, and you also have to be careful of the bolt length because you can punch a hole in #1 cylinder. Unlike an LA 360, there are no exhaust manifold bolts that go into water.

4 of the water pump bolts go into water. They are the ones at the widest point on the pump/timing cover. 2 of the lower timing cover bolts go into water, and you also have to be careful of the bolt length because you can punch a hole in #1 cylinder. Unlike an LA 360, there are no exhaust manifold bolts that go into water.
BE CAREFUL of the mentioned water pump bolt. There is one that can go through and break a cylinder skirt. Just "stick" them and measure

-
Back