Bolt in rack and pinion conversions for A bodys

-
I'll give you a hot tip, look up the term "Ackerman". If you flip the steering arms around for front steer, you throw your Ackerman angle out the window.

It's "

And also, you don't need to flip the spindles. You can swap the spindles left to right all you want, the alignment numbers don't change. All it does is move your calipers from the front to the back. Or vice-versa, depending on how the calipers are already mounted. The steering arms/lower ball joints are what need to be swapped for the front steer rack. But again, not on a street car. If you want a rack on a street car, you need one of the full coil-over conversions like the RMS Alterkation or HemiDenny's conversion. Front steer with stock mopar suspension components is asking for trouble
I'll give you a hot tip, look up the term "Ackerman". If you flip the steering arms around for front steer, you throw your Ackerman angle out the window.

It's "ok" for a drag car if you set it up with very little suspension travel in the front.

Ackerman Schmackerman there is no perfect steering.
It worked and was way before anyone else thought of trying this, at least in my limited area.
Also put struts on the car, and no kit was purchased, cause at the time no one offered them.
Launched hard and went straight 6.0 with a 340 Demon
How do you like those apples
It worked and was way before anyone else thought of trying this, at least in my limited area.
Also put struts on the car, and no kit was purchased, cause at the time no one offered them.

Last edited:

No doubt it goes straight. He is saying while it's ok on the track it's when you get it on the street and try to turn it is where the problems arise.

No doubt it goes straight. He is saying while it's ok on the track it's when you get it on the street and try to turn it is where the problems arise.
I agree it wasn’t a good match on a street car. Much better choices out there then a cobbled up mess at the time.
This car was light as possible, made aluminum front hubs, moved engine back, 2 speed glide, Dana 60, 16 33 tires, so many tricks.

-
Back