Bolt-on Hemi Dart Hood Scoop Wanted

-
go to the search at the top of page and type in hood scoop....you may find what you need in the parts forsale section there......welcome aboard

Also... if you want a new one AAR quality fiberglass has them... I think they run 270??? ish bucks though.

Ok i now know where to get a bolt on but now i need to know if anyone who got a bolt on scoop from AAR knows what the dimensions are. Because im not putting it on a Dart (and yes i know you guys are going to hate me for it but.....) im putting it on an Aspen \\:D/ so im hoping its not really big

A Hemi Dart scoop is real big but should still fit on the Aspen.As long as your not going to put it on a Camaro we still like you.. LOL Jim

ha lol ok jim ill keep that in mind. yea i had dimensions that the width was 35" does that sound right? but yea it look really big

From the AAR website ( http://www.aarqualityfiberglass.com/cart/product_info.php?cPath=53&products_id=236 )

"...Size: 4" tall/ 35" long/26" back/ 24" long." I think what they're saying is 35" Wide at the front, 26" Wide at the back, and 24" from front to back. Why not on an Aspen?

I am getting ready to mount one of these from AAR this week on my Barracuda, very nice quality but pricey, $270 is correct...

Friend of mine has an Aspen Super Coupe, (No..he won't sell it! LOL!), and when I was in high school a kid bought a brand new Volare Road Runner, bright orange with t-tops, which were pretty rare. He put big/little Cragars on it and I thought it was the coolest thing around! Like this one, only with the rear jacked up, Cragars and T-tops...

7677_Volare_RoadRunner_0-vi.jpg

yea i got the louvers, and im looking for a rear spoiler. lol to bad your friend wont sell his. yea my dad had one just like that white one. the pic i have up is old. right now i got 235/45/14 bfg t/a radials on centerline sst's and im rebuilding a 318 in my small *** shed. lol and all at 17 years old :) im so proud of my self ha lol

yea i got the louvers, and im looking for a rear spoiler. lol to bad your friend wont sell his. yea my dad had one just like that white one. the pic i have up is old. right now i got 235/45/14 bfg t/a radials on centerline sst's and im rebuilding a 318 in my small *** shed. lol and all at 17 years old :) im so proud of my self ha lol

That's great that you're doing it yourself and learning! Keep us posted! MOPAR OR NO CAR!

The scoop should look OK your hood. Just make sure you install the support braces. At the eighth-mile lights (about 100 mph in my car), the scoop is trying to tear itself apart. And if your hood is a pin-on type, make sure you have enough pins to keep the hood on the car at speed. At the quarter-mile lights, my hood is really bowed up.

alright ill keep that in mind, i was going to make some im in manufacturing/engineering at the high school, so i got an arsenal of machines and aluminum :). so if anyone wants some im sure i can make you some some. im just going to need the measurements from someone who has them

got a pic slantscamp ,if so can ya post top and bottom? real interested in the quality at that price.

not at the moment. it is still in the garage in a box. i can try to get a pic this weekend. i have had it for a few years. just never mounted it on anything.

The measurements that Butterball gave you are about right, depending on the company that makes the scoop you buy. Those measurements are almost exact for my scoop.

check out my resto thread i have the mas racing scoop hopefully i will finish installing in a few weeks....body work has my priority tho

-
Back